Scheme of Pre-Matric Scholarship for Students of Delhi Belonging to the Minority Communities 2014-15 (Fresh/Renewal)
Applications are invited from students of N.C.T. of Delhi belonging to Minority Communities notified by the Central Government (Muslim, Sikh, Christian, Parsi, Buddhist & Jain), pursuing education from class l to class X in Government/Aided School/Institute or Private School/Institute recognized by approved authority for awarding Pre-Matric scholarship by the Ministry of Minority affairs, Government of India.
- Eligible pre-matric minority students in schools affiliated to Municipal Corporation of Delhi may submit their forms to Head of School/Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal to zone concerned.
- Eligible pre-matric minority students studying in schools affiliated to N.D.M.C. may submit their forms to Head of School/Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal to Deputy Education Officer (General), Department of Education, 101 Floor, Palika Kendra, Sansad Marg, New Delhi
- Eligible students studing in Government / Govt. Aided Schools affiliated to Dte. Of Education may submit their forms to head of Schools / Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal in the prescribed proforms as well as soft copy to District concerned. The Dy. Director of the District may in turn submit the consolidated proposal in the prescribed proforma as well as soft copy to Dy. Director (Planning), Old Patrachar Building, Timarpur, New Delhi who is the nodal officer in the matter.
- Eligible pre-matric minority students studing in schools affiliated to Delhi Contonment Board may submit their forms to Head of School/Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal in the Office of the Chief Executive Officer, Delhi Cantonment Board, Delhi Contonment, Delhi-110010.
- Eligible pre-matic minority students studying in schools affiliated to Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan may submit their forms to Head of School/Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal in the Office of the Assistant Commissioner, Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan, Delhi Region, JNU Campus, New Delhi.
- Eligible pre-matric minority students in Recognized Public Schools, National Open Schools and other Schools Approved by the Government but not falling under any of the category at 1 to 5 above, may submit their forms to Head of School/Principal who in turn may submit the consolidated proposal to Deputy Director (Scholarship), Department for website of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities, B-Block, 2nd Floor, Vikas Bhawan, IP Estate, New Delhi-110002
The Scheme is specifically meant for minority students having domicile of N.C.T. of Delhi. The objective of the scheme is to award scholarship to the meritorious students belonging to economically weaker sections of minority communities to enable them to purse education from class l to X.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Conditions for Scholarships
- Scholarship will be given to the students, pursuing studies from class l to X from Government/aided/recognized private schools/institute.
- Maintenance allowance will be credited to the student’s personal bank account.
- To be eligible, student should have scored not less than 50% marks in the previous final examination. In case of students of class l, only income criteria would be applicable.
- A scholarship holder under the scheme will not avail of any other scholarship/stipend for pursuing the same course from any other agencies.
- The annual Income, from all sources, of the student’s parents or guardian should not exceed Rs.1Lakh, Inter-selection weightage is to be given to poverty rather than marks.
- 30% of scholarship will be earmarked for girl students. In case girl students are not available then the scholarship earmarked for them will be awarded to eligible boy students.
- Scholarship will not be given to more than two students in a family.
- Students who have been selected for scholarship during 2009-10, 2010-11, 2012-13 and 2013-14 successfully advanced to next class may apply for RENEWAL under this scheme.
- Bank details of students should be verified by concerned Bank/Branch.
Number of PRE-MATRIC Scholarship’s available for N.C.T. of Delhi (2014-15)
As determined by GOI. Ministry of Minority Affairs
Muslim (25150), Christian (2019), Sikh (8607), Budhist (367), Jain (2403), Parsi (14)
Rate of Scholarship
Admission fee from class VI and X
Hosteller: Rs.500/- per annum subject to actuals.
Day Scholar: Rs.500/- per annum subject to actuals.
Tuition fee from class VI to X
Hosteller: Rs.350/- per month subject to actuals
Day Scholar: Rs.350/- per month subject to actuals.
Maintenance allowance will be payable for a period not exceeding 10 months in an academic year.
Class I to V
Day Scholar: Rs.100/- per month
Class VI to V
Hosteller: Rs.600/- per month subject to actual.
Day Scholar: Rs.100/- per month
How to Apply
The application form can be downloaded either from website of Ministry of Minority affairs. Govt. of India (www.minorityaffairs.gov.in) or from this Deptt. Website (www.scatwelfare.delhigovt.nic.in).
Individual application shall not be entertained. Head of school must ensure that no eligible minority students is left out and consolidated list of students should be sent to concerned office indicated above. The Nodal Officer of the concerned Department/organization should forward the complete proposal (In soft as well as hard copy as per format being sent separately) to Deputy Director (Sch.), department for welfare of SC/ST/OBC/Minorities, 2nd Floor, B-Blook, Vikas Bhawan, I.P. Estate, New Delhi on or before the closing date. Applications received after the last date will be rejected summarily. On the forwarding letter, Name of Scheme, year, whether fresh/renewal should be clearly indicated.