Delhi Assembly announces DARC Fellowship Programme 2019
Delhi Assembly Research Centre Fellowship Programme 2019 – Delhi Assembly invites online application from meritorious and outstanding youth to be engaged in the Delhi Assembly Research Centre (DARC) of the Delhi Legislative Assembly as Fellows/ Associate Fellows.
About of the DARC Fellowship Programme
- Delhi Assembly provides a unique opportunity to young minds to be part of the Delhi Assembly Research Centre.
- DARC aims to establish itself as a world class Research Centre for Legislators, Government and public spirited Citizens and Organizations.
- Meritorious Youth would e involved in crucial phases of Legislation, Committees and overall Governance.
Also See : Scholarship 2019
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA for DARC Fellowship Programme 2019
- Between 21 and 35 years of age as on 01.04.2019 (i.e. should be born on Or after 01.04.1984 and on or before 31.03.1998)
Education Qualification for Fellows:
- Doctorate/PhD with one year full time experience. OR
- Post Graduate with minimum 60 % of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 02 (two) years full time work experience. (Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc., with minimum 5 year course of study after 12th Class will be considered as Post Graduates) OR
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Architects, Company Secretaries etc,.who are registered with their respective professional bodies shall be eligible for Fellowship if they have minimum of 02 (two) years of post registration work experience. OR
- Graduate with minimum 60 % of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum 04(four) years full time work experience.
Education Qualification for Associate Fellows:
- Post Graduate with minimum 60 % of marks (or equivalent CGPA). (Professionals such as MBBS, LLB etc., with minimum 05 (five) years course of study after 12th Class will be considered as Post Graduates). OR
- Professionals like Chartered Accountants, Architects, Company Secretaries etc, who are registered with their respective professional bodies. OR
- Graduate with minimum 60 % of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum one year of full time work experience.
Education Qualification for Associate Fellows (Media):
- •Post Graduate Degree or Diploma in Mass Communication or Journalism with minimum 60 % of marks. OR
- Graduate in Mass Communication or Journalism with minimum 60 % of marks (or equivalent CGPA) with minimum one year of full time work experience.
- Work/Research experience in related fields
- Leadership role in school/college/workplace
- Excellence in extracurricular activities like art, culture and sports
- Track record of public service
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good computer skills
Note: Candidates have to clearly mention whether the work experience is full time paid work or voluntary work along with the dates. They have to furnish the original experience certificates at the time of interview. Self employed candidates will have to submit their Income Tax Returns as proof of their experience.
Character and antecedents:
- Candidates convicted or with pending criminal cases shall not be considered and Candidates are required to submit an undertaking to this effect. The Delhi Assembly shall be sending the particulars of the selected candidates to the Police authorities for verification. Candidature of applicants who have furnished false information on any of the above requirements shall be summarily cancelled besides legal proceedings and recovery of expenditure already incurred on the candidate including litigation expenses.
Selection will be done in two stages mentioned below:
- Stage 1-Screening/ Shortlisting of Online Application: The first round of shortlisting of candidates will be done on the basis of academic performance, professional qualifications, credibility of the institution, motivation for the FPM and their response to personal statement ( in the form of essay) total year and relevance of work experience.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview round.
- Stage2: Personal Interview: The final round will consist of a face to face interview with a panel comprising experts from academia and civil society and officers. Candidates will be interviewed either in person in Delhi (preferred) or through video conferencing.
Fellows and Associate Fellows will be selected from various range of academic and professional disciplines and assigned work on the following subjects:
Fifteen Fellows (One each) for:
1. Art, Culture, Sports and Tourism
2. Education & Skill development
4. Finance and Taxation
5. Health Sector
6. Human Resources and Reforms in Government Departments
7. Information Technology
8. Law and Public Safety
9. Legislative Practices
10. Municipal functions and Local Bodies
11. Power and Water Sector reforms
12. Social Welfare measures and Women Empowerment
13. Trade, Commerce and Industries and Agriculture Reforms
14. Transport and Traffic management
15. Urban Planning and Public works
35 Fellows for:
Constituency Related Works (One Fellow for Two Assembly Constituencies)
Associate Fellow (90)
- 70 Associate Fellows for constituency related works (One for each Assembly constituency)
- 10 Associate Fellows to assist the Assembly Secretariat in Legislation work, Committee work and Information Technology.
- 10 Associate Fellows (Media) to assist in subjects related to Media, Advertisement, and Public Relations.
Stipend and Facility:
- Consolidated Stipend of Rs. 1, 00,000/- p.m (Rupees One Lakh Only) to Fellows and Rs. 60,000/- to associate fellows shall be paid by the Delhi Assembly. No separate allowance shall be paid for their day to day expenses, conveyance expenses etc.
DARC Fellowship Programme 2019 Application Process
- Applications will be filled online through the official website of DARC
- There are 2 steps to fill online application:
a. Step 1: Login registration
b. Step 2: Application form after login registration
- Applicants have to first complete form of login registration. On successful registration, one user ID is automatically generated by system and displayed on screen. This user ID will be his/her application number along with the password that they have set during login registration process.Applicants are advised to save this user id for any future communication.
- After completion of step 1 for login registration, applicants have to go to step 2 for filling their details in application form using the user-id
DARC Fellowship Programme Important Dates
- Application Process begins: 12th February 2019
- Last date to submit application: 25th February 2019
- Announcement of First Shortlist: 09th March 2019
- Final Interviews: 13th to 17th March 2019
- Announcement of Final List: 22nd March 2019
- Final date for selected candidate to accept offer: 29th March 2019
- Fellowship programme begins: 01st April 2019
For more information visit the official website:http://darc.dtu.ac.in/