Debesh kamal Scholarship 2019, Eligibility, Application, Dates
Debesh Kamal Scholarship 2019 for Higher Studies – Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata invites applications for Debesh-Kamal Scholarship 2019 for Higher Studies abroad, preferably, in the areas of Humanities and the Basic Sciences, but candidates in other disciplines, such as Social Sciences, Applied Science and Technology, will also be considered.
Area of study
The preferred subjects of study/research are the humanities and the basic sciences, but candidates in other disciplines, such as social sciences and applied science and technology, will also be considered.
See: Scholarships in India 2019
Eligibility for Debesh Kamal Scholarship 2019
- Students who have obtained 1st class in Honors or Master’s degree from an Indian University/College and have obtained a letter confirming admission in a subject into a foreign university are eligible
- Students should not ordinarily be more than 30 years of age
- Exceptions may be made for short term post-graduate or post-doctoral researchers.
- The candidates will have to submit evidence of their having been admitted to a course of study/research at a major university or comparable academic institution abroad.
- Research students/scholars will have to submit along with their applications an outline of their research project as may have been approved by the university/institution concerned.
Value and Tenure of the Scholarship
- The value of a scholarship will be around Rs. 1.00 Lakh for one year only. Since this amount will not be adequate for studies abroad, candidates will have to produce acceptable evidence of other resources or committed financial support.
- Debesh-Kamal Scholarship will be tenable for one year only.
See: National Scholarship 2019
Debesh Kamal Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
- The last date for receiving the application form: 30th April 2019
Debesh Kamal Scholarship 2019 Application Form
- All candidates must submit application in the prescribed form, with a passport size photograph, along with relevant papers as well as attested photocopies of certificates, mark sheets, etc.
- Candidates shortlisted from an evaluation of their applications will have to appear before a Selection Committee at the Ramakrishna Mission Institute of Culture, Kolkata. They will have to bear their own travelling expenses. But the candidates who will appear for the interview from distance beyond 100 km may be paid II class Rly. Fare. The decision of the Selection Committee about the eligibility of a candidate and his/ her selection shall be final.
See: OBC Scholarship 2019