Canon Foundation Research Fellowships 2018
Canon Foundation Research Fellowships 2018 in Europe and Japan
Canon Foundation Research Fellowships 2018 - The Canon Foundation in Europe offers Research Fellowships for individuals to carry out research in Europe and Japan. This fellowship is available for European and Japanese nationals.
The Canon Foundation is a philanthropic, grant-making institution, active in the promotion of international cultural and scientific relations between Europe and Japan.
Also See : Scholarships 2019
Research Fellowships Details
- Annually, the Canon Foundation in Europe grants up to 15 Fellowships to highly qualified European and Japanese researchers. European Fellows are expected to pursue a period of research in Japan whereas Japanese Fellows are expected to do their research in Europe.
- Canon Foundation Fellowships are for a minimum period of three months up to maximum of one year.
- We support all fields of research. There are no limitations or restrictions. Applicants do not have to be currently enrolled or employed at the time of applying.
- Applications can also be submitted by members of commercial, industrial, governmental or professional organisations.
- Fellowships are available to pursue research
- Research can be conducted in all subjects. Applications in all research fields are allowed.
- Fellowships are awarded for a minimum of three months to maximum one year
Number of Scholarships
- Every year, there are about 15 Research Fellowships for Europeans and Japanese researchers who look for funds to do research in Japan and Europe respectively. Scholarship can be taken in Europe and Japan
- The financial support for Research Fellows ranges from 22,500 Euro to 27,500 Euro per year and pro-rata for different periods. The Canon Foundation gives priority to those who plan to travel to Europe or Japan rather than prolong a current stay.
- All Europeans are eligible to apply (including Israel, Turkey, Balkan and Baltic countries).
- Europeans should have permanent citizenship in the country.
- Applicants should have obtained at least a Master's degree within the last ten years of applying to the Canon Foundation. We will also consider candidates who obtained their qualification more than ten years ago as long as they provide further supporting information in their application.
- Please note that priority is given to applicants going to Europe and Japan for the first time
- The annual deadline for applications is 15th September 2018
- Consideration of the applications takes several months. The Selection Committee's final decisions will be emailed to applicants before the end of December of that year. Therefore, the earliest possible date to begin the Fellowship is January 1 of the following year.
- It is important to note that no correspondence is entered into by the Foundation in regard to decisions taken on any individual application and in view of the large number of applicants, no negative inference should be drawn from the failure of a candidate to secure a Fellowship.
- Applications should be made through our online application form. After registering, you will be directed to the application form
- Please check here for the list of documents which need to be uploaded before your application can be submitted https://www.canonfoundation.org
- The deadline for scholarship applications is 15th September 2018