The Asia Foundation announces Development Fellows Program 2024, Apply Now
Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program 2024 – The Asia Foundation has released a call for applications for Asia Foundation Development Fellows Programme 2024
The Asia Foundation Development Fellows program is a dynamic and multifaceted learning program designed for highly talented Asian individuals, under age 40, to enhance their leadership skills, Asian development knowledge, professional networks, and international exposure. The program reflects the Foundation’s nearly seven-decade tradition of investing in the region’s most promising future leaders.
Asia Foundation Development Fellows Program 2024
- Application portal open : July 10 – August 28, 2023
- Internal Asia Foundation review : September – October 2023
- Selection committee convenes and selects among pool of finalists : November 2023
- Final selection announced : December 2023
- Fellowship year commences : January 2024
- Asia Foundation Development Fellows must:
- Have a demonstrable record of experience and accomplishment related to The Asia Foundation’s fields of expertise: governance and law, economic development, women’s empowerment and gender equality, environment and climate action, and regional cooperation;
- Be thoughtful, committed, respected and inspirational leaders within their professional fields and within their larger community;
- Be under 40 years of age by January 1, 2024;
- Be conversant in English (TOEFL exam results are not required);
- Be available and able to participate in all program components on the program dates specified; and
- Be resident nationals or citizens of the following countries and region where The Asia Foundation has programs: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pacific Islands, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Timor-Leste, and Vietnam.
- Candidates apply through – https://asiafoundation.org/what-we-do/asia-foundation-development-fellows/apply/
- The program is highly competitive. Staff from The Asia Foundation will evaluate each application thoroughly and narrow down the pool of applicants. Final selections will be conducted by a distinguished committee with expertise on needs and development conditions in Asia and the Pacific. Fellows will be chosen without regard to gender, race, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic background, marital status, or financial need. All submitted application information will be treated as confidential unless stated otherwise in the application. The identities of nominees will also remain confidential throughout the final selection process.
Professional Development Award
- An award of up to US$5,000 will be made available to each selected Fellow. This cash award will allow Fellows the opportunity to design individualized plans to further their leadership skills and relevant professional experience in areas of particular importance to their career growth. Each Fellow will be asked to develop a personalized, year-long work plan that can involve such areas as enrollment in specialized training programs or short courses, language study, travel to attend key regional forums or workshops, or engagement in a series of other enrichment activities.
For more details and apply please visit the official website