Amrit Scholarships for Research in Disability Studies 2018
Amrit Scholarships for Research in Disability Studies – Amrit announces the launching of its scholarship program for master level students for the year 2018-19
Amrit Foundation of India aims to further the development and wellbeing of all Indians so that they may individually and collectively reach their fullest potential.
Recognising that there is little empirical research in the field of disability, in particular in the domain of intellectual and developmental challenges of childhood, the Amrit Foundation of India is keen to promote disability research in India
To tackle this, Amrit has taken an initial step to encourage disability studies at the Master’s level
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- To encourage research in the field of disability.
- To stimulate young minds to work in the disability sector.
- To bring in fresh perspectives to the field of disability.
- To support the policy discourse of the country.
- To engage students more effectively in the nation building process.
- Applications are open to the eligible applicants who share a synopsis of their thesis along with its full text, and provide a copy of the ethics clearance from the relevant ethics review committee
- Eligible candidates must meet the additional criteria:
- Be an Indian National.
- Be under 40 years of age
- Be working towards a Post Graduate qualification in the field of:
- Social Work
- Community Medicine
- Or related subjects.
- Candidates must have completed a college approved Master’s level thesis on the subject of disability in India in the current financial year.
- The scholarship will be provided to a maximum of two students. The scholarship carries an amount of Rs.10000 per candidate
- Scholarship will be open for all research work on disability, with especial preference for studies on intellectual and developmental conditions
- Besides this, the scholarship will also provide an internship for a period of 2 months at Amrit Foundation of India to get a first-hand experience of a social sector organization working on disability issues
- Applicants should complete the Amrit Foundation of India – Scholarship Award for Master’s Students form to submit their resume and synopsis of the study
- The synopsis should clearly outline the statement of problem, research question, research approach including design and sampling strategy, and key findings
- Kindly fill the online application by clicking on the Amrit Scholarship Awards Form
Application Period and Process
- Last date to apply for the position is Tuesday, 15 May2018.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to presenting their research work to the esteemed members of the Jury.
Notification of the Award
- Successful applicants will be notified by Amrit Foundation of India in June 2018
- For details, view the official website https://amritfoundationofindia.in/amrit-scholarship-awards/
- Last Date to apply for the Position is 15th May 2018 (Tuesday)
Amrit Foundation of India, Farm no. 31, Saraswati Farms, 100 Ft. Road, Ghitorni, New Delhi- 110030, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://amritfoundationofindia.in, Phone No.: +91-11 26520998