Home >> Scholarships 2019 >>
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2019, Application, Dates
Aga Khan Foundation announces International Scholarship for PG Studies 2019
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2019 – Applications are invited for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarships 2019. Aga Khan Education is pleased to offer international scholarship program to students of high academic ability for 2019-20 cycle.
The 2019-20 International Scholarship Programme application cycle is open now. Application forms can be obtained from the Aga Khan Foundation or Aga Khan Education Board/Service office in the applicant’s country of current residence.
About the Scholarship
- The Aga Khan Foundation provides a limited number of scholarships each year for postgraduate studies to outstanding students from select developing countries who have no other means of financing their studies, in order to develop effective scholars and leaders and to prepare them for employment, primarily within the AKDN.
- Scholarships are awarded on a 50% grant: 50% loan basis through a competitive application process once a year in June or July.
Note: For the 2019-20 application cycle, the Foundation will not accept applications from students planning to attend universities in UK, Germany, Sweden, Austria, Denmark, The Netherlands, Italy, Norway and Ireland.
Eligibility Criteria for Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2019
- Applicants must meet the following guidelines:
- The Foundation accepts applications from nationals of the following countries: Bangladesh, India, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgyzstan, Syria, Egypt, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda, Madagascar and Mozambique. In France, Portugal, UK, USA and Canada, applications are accepted from those who are originally from one of the above developing countries, are interested in development-related studies and who have no other means of financing their education.
- The Foundation only accepts applications of eligible nationals listed above who are residing in one of the countries where there are local Aga Khan Foundation (AKF), Aga Khan Education Services (AKES), or Aga Khan Education Board (AKEB) offices which process applications and interview candidates.
- Preference is given to students under 30 years of age
English Language Requirements:
- Applicants from outside the home country will often need to meet specific English language/other language requirements in order to be able to study there.
Also see: AISEE 2019 Scholarship for Engineering
- The main criteria for selecting award winners are:
- Consistently excellent academic records,
- Genuine financial need,
- Admission to a highly reputable university or program of study and
- Relevance of the field of study to AKDN’s focus areas
- Candidates are also evaluated on demonstrating thoughtful and coherent educational and career plans, their extra-curricular interests and achievements, potential to achieve their goals and likelihood to succeed in a foreign academic environment.
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2019 Application Process
- The application procedures of AKF’s International Scholarship Program are decentralised. Students may obtain application forms as of 01st January each year from AKF offices or Aga Khan Education Services / Boards in their countries of current residence. Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva.
- Completed applications should be returned to the agency from which the form was obtained. They should not be sent to Geneva
Aga Khan Foundation International Scholarship 2019 Important Dates
Aga Khan Foundation (Bangladesh)
- Deadline for submitting pre-application forms: 08th March 2019
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: 31st March 2019
Aga Khan Foundation (India)
- Deadline for Application Distribution: 15th March 2019 (07:00 pm IST)
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: 20th March 2019 (05:00 pm IST)
Aga Khan Foundation (Pakistan)
- Deadline for submitting pre-application forms: 15th March 2019 (5.00 pm IST)
- Deadline for submitting completed applications: 31st March 2019 (5:00 pm IST)
Aga Khan Foundation (Portugal)
- Deadline for Submitting Completed Applications: 30th March 2019
For more details, please see the link: www.akdn.org
Aga Khan Foundation (India)
Sarojini House, 2nd floor, 6, Bhagwan Dass Road, New Delhi 110001, INDIA, Tel: (11) 47399700, Fax: (11) 23782174, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website www.akdn.org