Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund announces Scholarships Program 2022 for PhD Study in India, Apply now
Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships 2022 – Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund invites applications from postgraduate candidates for Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund Scholarships 2022. This scholarship aims to support the Study of PhD in India from Indian nationals and nationals of other Asian countries.
Categories of Scholarships
- The scholarships are available for PhD study in India to the following categories of students:
- Indian Nationals
- Nationals of other Asian countries
Areas of Specialization/Subject
- A candidate may apply for scholarship in any one of the following areas of specialization:
- Indian History and Civilization
- Comparative Studies in Religion & Culture
- Ecology & Environment
- Last Date to Apply (Deadline) : 31st May 2022
Duration of Scholarship
- The Fellowship would be availed for a duration of up to 2 years
- Maintenance allowance including Tuition fee – Rs.18,000 per month
- Contingent expenses for study tours within India, purchase of books, stationery, etc. – Rs.15,000 per annum
- At the time of making the application for scholarship, a candidate should
- Hold a FIRST Class Post-graduate degree with a minimum 60% marks in aggregate in both graduate and post graduate level
- Already be registered/admitted for Ph.D. degree with a recognized University/Institution in India. Those who have applied for registration and have not yet been registered at the time of submission of application, are not eligible to apply
- Not be above 35 years of age
- Be a full-time Ph.D. Scholar
- Application Form can downloaded from website http://jnmf.in/sform.html
- Completed application form together with all the necessary enclosures should reach Administrative Secretary, Jawaharlal Nehru Memorial Fund, Teen Murti House, New Delhi-110011 on or before 31 May.
- The candidates are advised to send their applications as soon as possible. The Fund will not be responsible for any postal delays in reaching the application by the due date.
- A passport size photograph of the applicant to be pasted on the form.
- A synopsis of the proposed project as per the attached format.
- Doctoral Monitoring Committee’s report or Supervisor’s report/recommendations.
- Postal Order/Demand Draft for Rs.100/-
- Ph.D registration certificate.
- The Selection Committee’s decision to call a candidate for an interview or select a candidate for scholarship will be final and no representation in this regard will be entertained.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website