INDIAN COUNCIL OF AGRICULTURAL RESEARCH PUSA, NEW DELHI ALL INDIA ENTRANCE EXAMINATION FOR ADMISSION TO UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME & AWARD OF NATIONAL TALENT SCHOLARSHIP IN AGRICULTURE & ALLIED SUBJECTS OTHER THAN VETERINARY SCIENCE
Indian Council of Agricultural Research, New Delhi conducts an All India Entrance Examination for filling up 15% of the total number of seats in State Agricultural Universities, Central Agricultural University, Imphal (Manipur) & 100% of the seats in National Dairy Technology, Food Science & Technology and Agriculture Marketing Banking & Cooperation. There will be no direct nomination of any candidate through the Council for admission in any undergraduate degree programme.
- Date & Venue of the Examination: On a date of May, from 10 a.m. to 12.30 p.m. at different Examination Centres as stated in the Information Bulletin.
- National Talent Scholarship: National Talent Scholarship @ Rs. 800 per month shall be awarded in merit among all the ten undergraduate disciplines as indicated in the Information Bulletin provided the candidate opts to pursue studies in any State Agricultural Universities located outside the State of his/her domicile.
- Scheme of Examination: There will be one question paper consisting of Physics, Chemistry & Biology/Agriculture for Stream-B as per their eligibility and choice of the subjects as defined in information Bulletin. (There will be in all 180 questions in a paper consisting of 60 questions from each subject). The question paper will be bilingual, i.e., English & Hindi.
- Eligibility: The candidate must be at least 17 years of age but not more than 22 years on or before a date of December. No relaxation of age will be allowed to candidate of any category. He/She should be an Indian National. He/She must have passed and obtained not less than 60% (for General category) and 50% marks (for SC/ST category) of the total marks PCB/PCM/PCA examination in 10+2 or its equivalent examination. He/She must have passed in English also. Any student having compartment/supplementary in any subject in the qualifying examination, i.e., 10+2 is not eligible for admission. One who has appeared or is due to appear in plus two or equivalent examination can also appear is this test subject to his/her fulfilling the eligibility criteria on the date of Counselling. He/she will be declared disqualified if proof of having passed 10+2 examination with requisite marks is not produced at the time of Counselling.
- Sale of Information Bulleting & Application Form: Information bulletin containing the application form and other details will be available for sale from a date of January and can be had against Cash payment of Rs. 300 + 5 (Sale charges) for general category and Rs. 150 + 5 (Sale charges) for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe Category from the office of the Registrar, State Agricultural Universities, Syndicate Bank branches (1) K.A.B. Extension Counter, Pusa, New Delhi-110012; (2) Syndicate Bank, Supar Bazar, Connaught Place Branch, New Delhi-110001. The Banks, Agricultural Universities and ICAR institutes will not sent the Information bulletin by Post and thus no request should be made to them for sending the information bulletin by post. The last date for sale of application forms through Counter sale by cash is upto a date of March.
Officer of the Registrars State Agricultural Universities (Sale on Cash Payment):
- AAU, Johrat ( Assam),
- Agricultural University, Udaipur(Rajasthan),
- ANGRAU, Hyderabad(AP),
- BAU, Kanke, Ranchi(Jharkhand),
- BCKVV, Mohanpur, Distt. Nadia ( West Bengal),
- CCSHAU, Hissar (Haryana),
- CSAUA & T, Kanpur(UP),
- Dr. YSPUH & F, Nauni, Solan (HP),
- GAU, Sardar Krushi Nagar, Banas Kantha Distt. ( Gujarat),
- GBPUA & T, Udham Singh Nagar/Patnagar (Uttaranchal),
- HPKVV, Palampur (HP),
- IGKVV, Raipur(Chhatisgarh),
- JNKVV, Jabalpur(MP),
- KAU, Vellanikkara, Thrissur (Kerala),
- MAU Prabhani ( Maharashtra),
- MPKV, Rahuri ( Maharashtra),
- NDUA & T, Faizabad (UP),
- OUA & T, Bhubaneswar(Orissa),
- PAU, Ludhiana( Punjab),
- Dr. PDKV, Akola( Maharashtra),
- RAU, Bikaner(Rjasthan),
- RAU, Pusa, Samastipur ( Bihar),
- SKUA & T Railway Road. Jammu(L & K),
- SKUA & T, Srinagar, Kashmir(J & K).
- TNAU, Coimbatore(Tamil Nadu),
- TNVASU, Chennai (Tamil Nadu),
- UAS, Bangalore(Karnataka),
- WBUA & FS, Belgachia, Kolkata ( West Bengal).
ICAR Institutes: Sale of Information Bulletin through the following ICAR institutes by depositing Bank Draft of Rs. 300 for General Category & Rs. 150 for Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe in favour of Deputy Director General (Edn.), ICAR payable at New Delhi upto a date of March at the institute sale counter.
- Director, CARI, Port Blair-744101 ( Andaman & Nicobar Island),
- Dean, CIFE, Versova, Mumbai ( Maharashtra),
- Director, ICAR Research Complex, Ela, Old Goa,
- Dean, NDRI, Karnal (Haryana),
- Director, ICAR Research Complex, NEH Region, Umroi Road, Umian 793103 (Meghalaya).
By Post: Information Bulletin may also be obtained by post upto a date of February by sending a written request along with a demand draft of Rs. 300 for General Category) & Rs. 150 for SC/ST Category in favour of Deputy Director General (EDN.), ICAR New Delhi payable at New Delhi and a self-addressed envelope (size 12” * 10”) without postage from the specified places of which addresses as given below.
- The Director, National Academy of Agricultural Research & Management, Rajendra nagar, Hyderabad-500030, AP.
- The Senior Scientist (Exam.), Room No. 405, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, Pusa, New Delhi-110012.
- The Dean, Central Agricultural University (CAU) Campus, Imphal, Manipur-795001.
No request for supply of Information Bulletin by post will be entertained after a date of February. The last date for the receipt of application form in the office of Senior Scientist (Exam.), Room No. 405, Indian Council of Agricultural Research, Krishi Anusandhan Bhavan, Pusa, New Delhi-110012 is a date of March. However for the candidate belonging to the remote areas, viz., Mizoram, Assam, Meghalaya, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Nagaland, Tripura, Sikkim, Ladakh Division of J & K State, Lahaul & Spiti district and Pangi sub-division of Chamba district of Himachal Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Island and Lakshadweep, the last date is another date of March. Form received after the last date will be rejected and Education Division shall not be responsible for non receipt of application within the time schedule due to postal delay or any other reason for delay.
All disputes relating to the conduct of this examination or any matte connected with this advertisement shall be in the jurisdiction of Delhi Court only.
Notifications for the programme are issued in December/January.
Also See : Scholarships 2019