Central Board of Secondary Education announces Merit Scholarship Scheme 2021 for Single Girl Child for Plus 2 Studies
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child – The Central Board of Secondary Education invites ‘Online applications’ from eligible students who have passed Class X Examination 2021 from the CBSE affiliated Schools and Single Girl Child Scholarship X 2020 (Renewal 2021) for the following Scholarship Schemes: –
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child who has passed Class-X in 2021 and is studying in Class-XI.
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child Scholarship X Pass awarded in 2020 (Renewal 2021)
- The objective of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme is to provide Scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Exam with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
Allocation of Scholarship
- The number of scholarships for a particular year shall be variable and shall be awarded to all such “Single Girl Students” who have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class X Exam in that year.
Duration of Scholarship
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one-year i.e. successful completion of class X
- Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class
Rate of Scholarships
- The rate of the scholarship shall be Rupees Five Hundred (Rs. 500/-) per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through demand drafts/ ECS.
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme Dates 2021
- Submission of online application by applicant: 27th Dec 2021 to 17th January 2022
- Verification of application by school 31st Dec to 25th January 2022
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme Eligibility Criteria 2021
- The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Exam and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme Application Process 2021
- The candidates can apply online for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child. The girl students should register themselves by filling the necessary information in the online application form
- The duly filled in proforma be sent in an envelope super scribing “APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X F – 2 (RENEWAL)” should be sent to the “ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2 COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110092”
- The Application Form is available on Board’s website www.cbse.nic.in at Scholarship Link
- Student should have passed Class X Exam from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools
- Student (Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents
- School Principal should attest application Form from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Exam
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs.1500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website