CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018 for Single Girl Child
CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child for Plus 2 - Fresh/Renewal
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018 for Single Girl Child - The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) invites ‘Online applications’ from eligible students who have passed Class X Examination 2018 from the CBSE affiliated Schools for the following Scholarship Schemes:
- CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child for + 2 Studies - 2018
- Renewal of Online applications of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child X Pass awarded in 2017
Also See : Scholarships 2019
- The objective of CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme is to provide Scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Exam with 60% or more marks and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
- The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Allocation of Scholarship
- The number of scholarships for a particular year shall be variable and shall to awarded to all such "Single Girl Students" who have secured 60% or more marks in the CBSE Class X Exam in that year.
Duration of Scholarship
- The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one-year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class
- The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board. Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship
- The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances
Eligibility Criteria for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018
- The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
- All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% or more marks in CBSE Class X Exam and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose
- In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
- NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month
- The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only
- Student should have passed Class X Exam from the CBSE and secured 60% or more marks
- Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools
- Student (Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents
- Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted)
- The School Principal should attest application Form from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Exam
- Tuition fee should not be more than Rs.1500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII
- The candidates can apply online for CBSE Merit Scholarship for Single Girl Child. The girl students should register themselves by filling the necessary information in the online application form
- The duly filled in proforma be sent in an envelope super scribing "APPLICATION FOR CBSE MERIT SCHOLARSHIP FOR SGC X F - 2 (RENEWAL)" should be sent to the "ASSISTANT SECRETARY (SCHOLARSHIP), CBSE, SHIKSHA KENDRA, 2 COMMUNITY CENTRE, PREET VIHAR, DELHI 110 092"
Rate of Scholarship
- The Rate of Scholarship shall be Rs.500/- per month. A Scholarship awarded under the scheme shall be paid for a maximum period of two years. Payment will be made through demand drafts/ECS.
- The Application Form is available on Board's website www.cbse.nic.in at Scholarship Link
Important Dates for CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme 2018
- Last Date for Submission of Online Applications is
05th October 2018extended to 15th October 2018
- Last Date to Submit the Hard Copy to the Address:
31st October 2018extended to 15th November 2018
Central Board of Secondary Education (Head Office) "Shiksha Kendra", 2, Community Centre, Preet Vihar, Delhi-110092, Contact Phone No.: +91-11-22526745, Email: email@example.com, Website www.cbse.nic.in