GOVERNMENT OF INDIA MINISTRY OF STATISTICS & PROGRAMME IMPLEMENTATION NEW DELHI AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS FOR OUTSTANDING AND MERITORIOUS RESEARCH WORK IN STATISTICS (TRAVEL GRANTS)
- Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation (MOS) & PI) is operating Ninth Plan Scheme entitled “Awards and Fellowships for Outstanding and Meritorius Research Work in Statistics.” The main objective of the Plan Scheme is to encourage independent and high quality research work in the field of applied/official statistics particularly on the issues and problems relating to Indian Statistical system. Under this scheme, there are seven components including the one, viz., ‘Travel Grants Assistance’. Under this component, the MOS and PI now invites applications for 100% financial grants towards meeting the travel cost for presentation of accepted research papers relating to statistics in international conference to be held outside India. Such assistance may include the registration fees, airport tax and the per diem as per the rules. But it will not include visa and local travel charges.
- The financial grant/support to be provided under this scheme is meet the air travel cost by the shortest route and economy class.
- (i) Indian National (ii) Application should be recommended by the parent organization. No Direct application will be considered. However, freelancers can also apply subject to bank guarantee being given by him/her (iii) Appropriate documentary evidence of acceptance of paper by the foreign agencies organizing the International Statistical Conference/Seminar/Workshop, etc. (iv) The candidates should not have availed Government sponsorship within the last three years for attending any previous conference/meeting/workshop, etc.
- The eligible candidates may send his/her application in the prescribed proforma to Additional Director General, Central Statistical Organisation, Room No. 418, S.P. Bhawan, Sansad Marg, New Delhi-110001 so as to reach him at least two months prior to the commencement of the desired travel abroad. It must be duly supported by appropriate documentary evidence/proof. A committee constituted by the MOS & PI for this purpose will scrutinize the applications and make recommendations to the Ministry, whose decision will be final and binding.
- The subject of accepted paper is required to be related to Applied/Official Statistics particularly in the area of Human Resource Development, Education, Gender Analysis, Environment, Price, Poverty, Labour Employment, National Income, Agriculture, Rural Development, Industry, Services, Productivity, Water Resources, Health, Power, Urbanisation and Population.
- Detailed guidelines, if necessary in this regard can be obtained from this Ministry.
Format of application form is published along with the advertisement.
Notifications are published in October
Also See : Scholarships 2019