Registrations for NEET 2020 to begin from December 2, 2019
NEET 2020 Registrations to begin from December 2 – As per the exam schedules released by National Testing Agency (NTA) on its website, the registration process for National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, NEET 2020 will begin from December 2, 2019. All Interested candidates are can apply online for NEET 2020 at the official website: neet.nta.nic.in
NTA would be conducting the undergraduate entrance examination for medical and dental admissions on May 3, 2020 across the country in English, Hindi and Urdu apart from 8 regional languages.
Union Health Minister Dr. Harsh Vardhan earlier in his statement said that, NEET will be the only medical entrance exam to get admission to Undergraduate course at medical college across the country from the year 2020 as per the newly constituted NMC Act 2019. No Separate MBBS Entrance Exams by AIIMS and JIPMER will be conducted for admission. Though there is no official notification regarding this has been released yet by the ministry.
Things to know about NEET 2020
- Under the NMC Act, admission to MBBS courses at AIIMS and JIPMER would also come under the purview of a single national level examination – NEET. Also that there would be one common counselling that may be implemented as soon as next year.
- The eligibility, paper pattern and the process for NEET 2020 remain the same. The only change will be that the entrance exam for admission to undergraduate medical courses conducted by AIIMS and JIPMER would be discontinued.
- All those students who wish to take MBBS Admission at AIIMS or JIPMER will also be required to appear for NEET examination.
- As there is no upper age limit for students to appear for AIIMS and JIPMER exam contrary to NEET exam, the decision will be especially significant for those candidates who will be restricted from appearing for NEET examination due to age limit
- All those candidates who wish to apply for and pursue medicine course abroad are also required to appear for and qualify NEET 2020 examination with 50 percentile mark.
- NTA is also planning to conduct the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) twice a year from 2021 onwards much like the JEE examination is conducted for engineering admissions.
- As per the NMC Act 2019, the final year examination of medical undergraduate courses would be a National Exit Test (NEXT) for entry into the PG programs as well as as a licentiate examination. It would be held as a common exam across the country
- NMC is expected to regulate the fees of the medical examinations across the various private medical colleges in the country as well. The exact framework is yet to be released. However, the NMC makes a provision to regulate 50% of all seats even in private medical colleges.
All Medical aspirants are hence advised to keep a check on the official website nta.ac.in as well as neet.nta.nic.in for updates regarding NEET 2020.
- NEET UG Career Options after Class 12
- NEET 2020 Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus
- NEET is the Single Entrance Exam for MBBS Admission in India
- List of Medical College in India Under NEET Exam
- Best Books for NEET 2020 Preparation
- NEET 2020 Preparation Tips, Time Table, Important Books