Major changes in AIIMS PG 2019 July Exam
AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Pattern – Not only for undergraduate courses, All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS) have made some significant changes in PG entrance exam as well. Recently, has released the prospectus for PG courses for July 2019 session. They have surprised the aspirants with new marking scheme. Moreover, the number of seats, time duration and exam pattern has also been changed. Following are the all changes that have been declared by the newly released prospectus:-
1. Earlier, around 501 were being offered for the MD/ MS courses but now 464 seats will be offered for MD/ MS/ DM/ MCh courses along with 14 seats of MDS.
See: Dental College Entrance Exams (BDS MDS)
2. Now, the time duration and no. of questions has been increased for MDS exam. The MDS exam will be conducted for 3 hours to solve 200 questions. However, in the previous years, it used to be 90 minutes to solve 90 questions.
3. As per the latest exam pattern announced, seven different types of multiple-choice questions will be asked in examination i.e. Single best answer type, Multiple true-false type, Match the following type, Sequential arrangements type, Multiple completion type, Reason assertion type, Extended matching items/ questions (EMI/ EMQ).
See: PG Medical Entrance Exams
4. The marking scheme for each type of MCQ will be different and aspirants can see the same in the table below:-
|Type of questions||Correct Answer||Incorrect Answer|
|Single best answer type||+1||-1/3|
|Multiple true-false type||+1/5||-1/5|
|Match the following type(per attempt)||+1/4||– 1/4|
|Sequential arrangement type||+1(for complete correct sequence)||-1|
|Multiple completion type||+1(For single correct option)||-1/4|
|Reason assertion type||+1||-1/4|
|Extended matching items/questions||1/2 (for each scenario)||-1/2 (for every incorrect number of scenarios)|
5. Further, the list of centres is also updated. Gandhinagar in Gujarat has been deducted from the list of centres available for the entrance examination. Now, the candidates have to choose from 64 cities available.
AIIMS PG 2019 exam is scheduled to be conducted on 5th of May, 2019, round the country in different examination centres. From 22nd of March, 2019, the final registration process of AIIMS PG has begun and it will remain open till 2nd of April, 2019.
- AIIMS PG 2019 Entrance Exam for DM, M.Ch & MD
- AIIMS PG 2019 Exam Registration Process
- AIIMS PG 2019 Admit Card
- AIIMS Exam Dates 2019