Are you appearing for your class 12th exam or waiting for the results???
Time has come for you to decide over your career. A concrete plan about your future needs to be drawn at this juncture which will in turn determine the course of your professional life. Let’s have a look at some Careers After Class 12 :
Also See : Competitive Exams after 12th
These are the initial year to shape your career. Stiff competition and plenty of options make students confused. To weed out the thorns of confusion, first you need to analyze your interest, hobby, inclination, potentiality and opportunities. It is often said that if you choose your career based on your interest and hobby, the success rate as well as satisfaction level will be very high.
As Darwin said “Survival of the fittest”. Do not choose any career under the influence of friends or parents. Give priority to your potential and interest. It should be the sole criteria of selecting a career.
Choose your career on the basis of following aspects keeping in mind.
• Area of interest
• Assess your strength and weakness.
• Possibility and Opportunities.
• Feasibility and guidance
• Nature of work
• Financial aid and scholarship
Apart from this, now is the time of specialization. In the coming years, a majority (85%) of new jobs will require people with some education and training. So always pay heed to specialized education rather than simple and theoretical. A little bit training or practical education would be a shot in the arm.
Career in Management Stream
Business management is today one of the most sought-after careers. For aspirant in the employment market, this has opened limitless opportunity in diverse spheres with the promise of rewards in the form of good remuneration, status and scope for professional and personal growth.
Moreover, in this achievement-oriented profession where results count more than year of experience, bright and hardworking young people can rise to top positions fairly quickly.
Areas of work
- Personal Management or Human Resources Development
- Production and Operation
- Sales and Marketing
- Management Information Systems
There are also some special areas for work in business management that is a particular type of business management.
- International Management – deals in all areas of international trade and business.
- Operational Research – using mathematical analysis for solving financial and production problems.
- Technology Management – specializes in all aspects of technology, including financing and marking.
- Management Consultancy – responsible for identifying and correcting problems concerned company policies, procedures and methods.
- Public System Management – deals with management of public enterprises, non-government organization and cooperatives.
- Hospital Management – deals with the efficient running of hospitals and health care organizations.
- Hotel Management – concentrates on all aspects of hospitality and hotel administration.
- Rural Management – utilizing management practices for managing agro-based and other village industries as also marketing rural products.
- Forest Management – Responsible for handling the administration and marketing of forest-related projects and products for forest development.
- Disaster Management – this comes into action during the times of natural calamities and disasters and is involved with reconstructing and rehabilitating disaster-stricken people and managing relief materials and other resources.
- Leisure & Event Management – deals with the management of leisure-related activities, clubs, parks and events.
Top BBA Colleges in India
- Christ University- Bangalore
- Amity International Business School, Noida
- Faculty of Management, Banasthali University, Banasthali
- Institute of Management Studies (IMS), Noida
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Amity University, Jaipur
- SRM University, Chennai
- M.S. Ramaiah College of Arts, Bangalore
- Ethiraj College, Chennai
Career in Computers & IT
If you have not scored well in your class XII you need not worry because lots of options are available nowadays for the career. Poor performance in Class XII can’t restrict you to enter into higher studies or professional courses.
Does Computer sound interesting to you???
Computers have become part and parcel of our daily life. From schools to workplaces, it has claimed a dominant position because of its many useful functions. Computers allow people with disabilities to lead a normal life and can work from home. It also allows companies to keep large amounts of information at finger tips.
Without computer, the globalization would not have come into existence because it is one of the most important tools of globalization.
So if computer intrigues or arouses curiosity then you can opt for computers as your career destination after doing 12. Computers have lot of scope ranging from data entry operator to the software engineer, from web designing to web developing and so on.
Several professionals as well as undergraduate and postgraduate courses are offered in computers and IT by noted institutions as well as other private institutes across the country.
Top BCA Colleges in India
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida
- SRM University, Chennai
- Women Christian College, Chennai
- University College-Kurukshetra, Kurukshetra
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- Xavier Institute of Computer Application, Ahmedabad
- Maharani Laxmi Ammanni College For Women, Bangalore
- St. Xavier College, Goa
Career in Engineering
If the intricacy of number thrills you, the calculation of physics interests you and experiments of chemistry ignite your mind to create something new, then engineering is the right prospect for you after 10+2.
Engineering is one of the most preferred career options after 10+2. Most of the students having 10+2 degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics opt for engineering as their career option.
Most preferred simply means more rush! So if you have already decided to go for engineering, you need to have stern command over mathematics, physics and chemistry as these are prerequisites to get into engineering college.
In addition to the above requirement, you need to secure 60% marks in 10+2 to get into elite IITs. But if you have not secured 60% marks in intermediate examination, then you need not to worry because we have several options beyond IITs.
Several other competitive exams like AIEEE, DCE, BCECE and various state level competitive examinations are conducted in our country for the engineering aspirants to get admission into B.Tech, B.E, B.Arch courses which are offered by various noted engineering colleges.
If you want to crack the nuts of engineering examination, you need to work hard like swine searching for food in the field, dedication of a lover to his beloved and devotion of a priest. If you are blessed with all these, then engineering is not far away from your grip.
While choosing the engineering as a career the few things that one needs to keep in mind are:
Do I have the interest in mathematics, physics and chemistry?
Do I have the thorough understanding of these subjects and will I be able to clear all the engineering papers and complete my course in the prescribed 4 years?
Engineering is a combination of mathematics, science and creativity. This combination has resulted into the solution of several complex problems in our day-to –day life ranging from wheels to aircraft’s.
Engineering can also be defined as an art of relating scientific and mathematical principles to make things that benefit people. Engineering is the process of producing a technical product or system to meet a specific need.
Engineers use math, science, creativity and design to solve problems and improve lives. So it’s very important for you to be a good hand in mathematics and science.
Top Engineering Colleges in India
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kharagpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Kanpur
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Chennai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Roorkee
- Birla Institute of Technology and Sciences (BITS), Pilani
- Institute of Technology-BHU, Varanasi
- Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Guwahati
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), Vellore
Career in Medical
Class 12 exams are over and you are planning for your further studies. If you have Physics, Chemistry and Biology in class XII then medical studies is apt and appropriate for you because it is considered as one of the hot and demanding career after 10+2. Medical science is a branch of science deals with health which keeps the disease at bay.
Medical Science is one of the highly respected careers after 10+2. It is a career that gives you both name and fame. If you are willing to get admission into MBBS course you need to have subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Biology (PCB) at 10+2 level as the eligibility.
Being among one the noble professions, lots of students aspire to become a doctor after 10+2. So, if you have decided to get into a medical college you need to appear for an entrance exam conducted by several regulatory bodies including CBSE.
If you do not get into MBBS course then need not to worry. Various other options are available for you such as dentistry, Ayurvedic, Animal Husbandry, homeopathy and other allied branches of medical science.
Top Medical Colleges in India
- AIIMS – All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- CMC – Christian Medical College, Vellore
- AFMC -Armed Forces Medical College, Pune
- JIPMER, Pondicherry
- Seth G.S. Medical College, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad Medical College, Delhi
- Grants Medical College, Mumbai
- St John’s, Bangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- B.J. Medical College, Pune
With changing times, regular colleges are no longer the only option to pursue higher studies. A student can opt for various courses through correspondence as well as Distance Education.
There are few important aspects, which should be considered before starting the expedition for further studies.
If you want to enhance your educational or professional skills but cannot devote full time to it
If you are working, and want to study side by side
If you want to do additional/ full time courses along with your studies
Do you want to seek experience along with your studies?
Do you need an immediate job along with your studies due to some family crisis?
If any of the above mentioned questions have an affirmative reply but do not know what to do then Distance education is all what you need.
Top Distance Education Colleges in India
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
- Yashwantrao C. Maharashtra Open University, Nasik
- IMT Distance and Open Learning Institute, Ghaziabad
- Sikkim Manipal University, Gangtok
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University, Hyderabad
- Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Open University, Hyderabad
- Symbiosis Centre for Distance Learning, Pune
- Dr. Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University, Ahmedabad
- Annamalai University, Annamalainagar
The changing face of technology has increased the demand of specialization in education. Vocational Education training (VET) institutes impart specialized and practical knowledge to the student and help them become independent and successful in life. Vocational education training institutes impart graduation and post graduation courses to students.
The best part of the institute is that even working student can join the course, and even select the timings as per their convenience and nature of job. The vocational institutes allow the students to study online and attend either evening or morning classes. Moreover, financial aid is provided to students who are economically weak. Paying for education can be unaffordable for many. These days school fee is found to be skyrocketing.
The faculty of these Vocational education training institutes is highly experienced. They impart practical knowledge to their students. As a result the students are able to have a real life and practical industry experience. The students are also provided with internships. They are also provided with stipend for their internships. This gives motivation to perform better and excel in their jobs.
The vocational course offered can range from culinary arts, bartending, becoming a massage expert, cook to graphic designer, pottery, dyeing expert, nursing, business administrator, restaurant and management These days with the rage of technology, the vocational program is more technically oriented as it ranges from Web Designing to Information Technology.
The other vocational courses that are included in the vocational course are business, accounting, fashion designing and animation