Top 10 MBA Distance Education Universities in India
India's Best MBA Distance Learning Institutes
A sneak peek into some of the Top universities offering Master in Business Administration (MBA) programmes in the distance education mode.
1. The Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
The IGNOU offers all its courses through a well-maintained nation wide network of study centers. It offers postgraduate diploma programmes in Human Resource Management, Operations Management, Financial Management and Marketing Management. Any graduate with minimum 50 per cent score (45 per cent for Scheduled Tribe and Scheduled Caste students) are eligible to apply for these programmes. Apart from that, graduates with three years of managerial, professional or supervisory experience, can also apply for the same. The selection is based on the scores obtained in OPENMAT - the in-house entrance examination administered by IGNOU. However, candidates who have already cleared CAT, MAT, C-MAT or other such entrance exams, are not required to appear in the OPENMAT.
For further information, visit the IGNOU Notification page or www.ignou.ac.in
2. The Directorate of Distance Education of Pondicherry University
Even though less known that the IGNOU, the Directorate of Distance Education of Pondicherry University also offers excellent MBA programmes in multiple disciplines including International Business, Marketing, Finance, Human Resource as well as a general course. All programmes are offered regular or distance mode with regular weekend and evening cleasses and contact programmes.
For further details, visit www.pondiuni.edu.in
3. The Institute of Distance Education of the University of Madras
The Institute of Distance Education of the University of Madras offers a series of widely appreciated MBA programmes in various specializations, including Marketing Management, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Systems Management, Educational Management, Operations Management, International Business, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Travel and Tourism Management, Export-Import Management, Apparel Management, Port and Shipping Management, and Hospital Management.
The institute also offers an executive MBA programmes for employed individuals. All graduates are welcome to apply for their preferred programme.
For further details, visit www.ideunom.ac.in
4. The Centre for Distance Education, Anna University, Chennai
More commonly referred to as the Anna University, this prestigious Chennai-based university offers MBA programmes in popular specializations such as Technology Management, Health Services Management, Financial Services Management, Retail Management, General Management as well as Human Resource Management.
All selections are made as per the candidates’ performance in the Distance Education Entrance Test conducted by the Anna University,
Visit www.annauniv.edu/cde for further details.
5. The Directorate of Distance Education, Annamalai University, Annamalainagar, Tamil Nadu
The Annamalai University is indeed an excellent choice for anyone planning to enroll in an MBA programme in e-Business, Information Systems, Financial Management, Human Resource Management, Marketing Management or International Business.
Graduates in any disciplines can apply for any of the aforementioned specializations.
For details, visit www.annamalaiuniversity.ac.in
Apart from these, there are a number of other institutions that offer quality MBA programmes in various disciplines, including:
- The Directorate of Distance Education, Madurai Kamaraj University, Palkalai Nagar, Madurai - www.mkudde.org
- The Centre for Distance Education of Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli - www.bdu.ac.in
- The School of Distance Education, Bharathiar University, Coimbatore - www.b-u.ac.in
- The Institute of Distance Education of the University of Kerala - www.keralaunviersity.ac.in
- The School of Distance Education of Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam - www.sdemgu.org
Post your comments here