Courses after 12th Science: After class 12 in the science stream, a student looks for courses which promise a high salary job. Today, students have many options to choose from after completing high school.
Gone are the times when students had only two options after 12th– Medical or engineering. Surely, students choose to pursue these two courses as the first choice but it would not hurt to have a backup course in case you don’t succeed in getting admission in the above mentioned courses. Also, if you are someone who doesn’t want to become a doctor or an engineer, you can choose different courses at UG level or Diploma courses. It is really important to choose the right career path which pays you well too.
In this article, we would discuss the various high paying courses like Medical Courses, Engineering Courses, Business/Computer Application Courses, Arts Courses, Humanities Courses and Diploma Courses and their admission process. Also, we have divided and incorporated salary for all the major courses for you so that you can decide which career to pursue after completing 12th Science.
Eligibility Requirement: Class 12th Science with English, Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as subjects with 50% marks from a recognized board.
High paying Medical Courses after 12th Science
Highest Paid Medical Field Jobs
-Students who have opted for PCB (Biology) as main subjects can choose to become a doctor. Surely, the profession of a doctor is a high paying job and it takes years of education and study to become a successful doctor. The following courses can be pursued –
- MBBS/BDS: It is done after completing the 12th class in PCB as subjects. AIIMS/JIPMER/NEET-UG are some of the entrance exams that are conducted for admission in MBBS/BDS.
- B.Sc. Botany/Biology/Zoology/others: If you don’t want to opt for medical courses, you can always go for a B.Sc. course and choose specialization as per your main subjects. Most of the universities take admission on the basis of merit in the qualifying examination.
- Ayurveda and Homoeopathy: Candidates who are interested in opting for such courses. Many states in India conduct state level entrance exams for such courses at UG and PG level. Some of the exams are – AIAPGET, UAPMT, UPCPAT, MP Ayush PG, CG BAMS/BHMS/BNYS, etc.
Engineering Courses after 12th Science
Students who have studied PCM as main subjects in the 12th class can also choose engineering as a career. JEE MAIN/JEE ADVANCED/IPU CET/UPCET etc. are some of the entrance exams for admission to BE/B.Tech. For Architecture, NATA is conducted for the B.Arch course. For the B.Plan course, candidates can also sit for the JEE Main exam but have to opt for a different paper.
For more information on the B.Plan course, fees, institutes click here.
To know more about the B.Arch course, fees, institutes, click here.
High salary Business or Computer Applications Courses after 12th Science
Students also have the option to pursue BBA as a UG course after 12th Science. You can work in the commercial, administration, financial sector. Generally, Universities/Colleges conduct an entrance exam for admission to BBA. IPU CET/NMAT/UGAT/FEAT/BHU UET are some of the entrance exams conducted for the BBA course.
In the case of Computer Applications, Bachelors of Computer Applicationss (BCA) for students who wish to pursue a career in IT, Computer Application, Web Development, Digital Marketing, C, C++, JAVA, etc. Colleges/ Institutes/Universities conduct entrance exams for BCA admission.
Arts/Humanities Courses after 12th Science
BA: This is also an option for students with any subject as they get plenty of options to choose from for specialization. Bachelors of Arts can be chosen in subjects of interest. Colleges/Universities offer admission through merit based on qualifying examination. In the case of some universities like IP University, entrance exams are conducted. IPU CET/JNUEE/DU JAT/TISS BAT/Symbiosis Entrance Test are some of the entrance exams.
Recommended Read : – Best Courses After 12th Arts
Also, candidates can opt for NID (National Institute of Design) or NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology).
List of Courses after 12th Science
|Courses After PCB||Courses After PCM||Diploma Courses|
|BDS||B.Arch||Medical Lab Technology|
|BPT||B.Sc. + M.Sc. (Integrated)||Nutrition and Dietetics|
|B.Sc. + M.Sc. (Integrated)||BCA||Physiotherapy|
|B.Sc. Nursing||BBA||Beauty Culture & Hairdressing|
|B.Sc. Dairy Technology||LLB||Web Designing|
|B.Sc. Home Science||B.Ed.||Information Technology|
|B.Pharm||Fashion Technology||Application Software Development|
|Biotechnology||B.Des||Film and Editing|
|Environmental Science||BA||Mass Media & Content Writing|
|Travel & Tourism||Environmental Science||Air Hostess|
Salary after 12th Science
It is true that salary will vary according to the course opted after 12th Science. If a student chooses a medical course to pursue, the salary will be high and will be more than INR 50,000 – 1 lakh per month. If students opt for B.Tech/B.E., the salary will be around INR 5 – 6 Lakhs per annum.
Here is the list of the average salary for courses after 12th Science:
|Course Name||Salary (Approx.) in INR|
|MBBS/BDS||50,000 – 1 lakhs per month|
|B.Tech/BE||2 – 5 lacs per annum|
|BCA||2 – 4 lacs per annum|
|BBA||2 – 4 lacs per annum|
|BA||2 – 4 lacs per annum|
|NDA||40,000 – 80,000 per month|
|B.Sc.||3 – 5 lacs per annum|
|B.Arch||2 – 4 lacs per annum|
|BHMS||25,000 – 30,000 per month|
|B.Pharm||10,000 – 20,000 per month|
|BPT||15,000 per month|
|BAMS||15,000 – 20,000 per month|
|BUMS||15,000 per month|
|Biotechnology||25,000 per month|
|Nursing||2 – 3 lacs per annum|
|Diploma in IT||3 – 5 lacs per annum|
Career options after 12th Science
A student who takes up Science subjects in class 12 keeps the doors open for various career options. After finishing class 12, you can opt for a suitable course at the undergraduate level that will take you to your desired career. Students have plenty of options to choose from after doing the above-said courses. In the ocean of multiple career options, we will help you in figuring out the best possible career options according to each category of course at the undergraduate level that you might opt for. Depending on whether you opt for medical course at the UG level or if you choose for a non medical based degree course or if you select an undergraduate programme from commerce or Humanities streams, here is a list of high salary career options for you-
Career options after medical course:
- Doctor – You can work as a self-practicing doctor or do a job as a doctor in a hospital
- Research Scientist – You can work as a research scientist and develop powerful drugs and medicines for the welfare of people.
- Dentist – After doing BDS, you can become a practicing dentist.
- Pharmacist – You can become a pharmacist and work in a drug company or can own a medical store.
- TGT Teacher – You can become a TGT teacher after doing B.Sc./BA and start doing job in a school.
- Nurse – You can also become a nurse and can work in a hospital or nursing home.
- Ayurveda Consultant – You can become an Ayurveda consultant and work for Ayurveda clinics or self-practice.
Career options after engineering course:
- Engineer – You can become an Engineer after completing your B.Tech/BE degree.
- Architect – You can work as an Architect for firms or can practice Architecture as your own business after completing B.Arch and B.Plan
- Data Analyst – Work as a data Analyst for large MNCs.
- Tech Expert – You can work as a tech expert in corporations.
- Government Jobs – SSC-JE/AE/etc.
- Air Force Pilot – Work for Air Force as a pilot and serve for the nation
- Merchant Navy – Join defence forces and work for Merchant Navy.
- Research Analyst – Become a research analyst and work and contribute to research and development.
- Commercial Pilot – You can become a commercial pilot for top leading airlines.
Career options after Business/Computer Application course:
- System Engineer – After completing BCA, you can work as a System Engineer to test systems and evaluate personal computers and software.
- Web Developer – work to develop world wide web applications.
- Programmer – Become a programmer in a software development firm and work on languages such as C, C++, JAVA, Python, etc.
- Finance Manager – After completing BBA, you can work as a finance manager in big MNCs.
- Bank – You can also work in banks’
- Business Consultant – Become a business consultant and work for companies.
Career options after Arts/Humanities course:
- Content Writer – In case you love writing, make it your career and work for the best websites to earn money and live your passion.
- Journalist – After doing BJMC/BAJ/BMC/BAJMC, start your career as a journalist.
- Fashion Designer – Do you love fashion that you possibly live it? Create your own career path in the world of fashion.
- Interior Designer – Those Organizing and de-clutter videos really oomph up your OCD? Why not invest it in a career plan and become an interior designer.
- Teacher – Of course, this is one of the best options. You can become a School teacher.
Common Career Options after 12th Science
There are a few career options that can be opted for by all graduates, irrespective of the subjects studied by them at the UG level. Here is a list of such common career options–
- Civil Services – You can clear the civil services exam and become IAS/IPS/IFS and get one of the most prestigious jobs in India. Any graduate can appear for this most coveted competitive Exam.
- CDS/SSC – Clear these exams and join the defence. Again, any Graduate can appear for this exam and make a career in the defence forces.
- Animation/Visual Arts – Even after doing a diploma/certificate course in animation or visual arts, you can become a graphic designer or visualizer.
- University Professor/Academician – Enroll for Ph.D. and become a professor at any University and help contribute to research and academic development.
So, now you have a fair idea of the many high salary career options that you can opt for after class 12 Science. Choose the best suited as per your skill set and preference.