The NIMCET is National Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme in to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2021 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET 2021 only.
The examination is scheduled for 23 May 2021 (Sunday). .
NIMCET 2021 Exam Syllabus
- Mathematics 🙁 50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals,simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (40 questions) The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
- Computer Awareness: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- General English: (20 questions) Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics. Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing
NIMCET 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam – Offline mode
Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Based Questions (MCQs)
Duration of Exam – 2 hours
Language – English only
Total Questions – 120 MCQs
Marking Scheme – Each question carries 4 Marks. There is a negative marking of 1 Mark.
Distribution of Question Paper
Name of the section Number of questions
Mathematics 50 Questions
Analytical Ability 40 Questions
& Logical Reasoning
Computer Awareness 10 Questions
General English 20 Questions
Total 120 Questions
NIMCET 2021 Notification