Eligibility Criteria for NIMCET 2019
- Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55%marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) in B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects OR
- B.E. / BTech. From a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2019.
Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
(CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on unitary method)
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2019 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year 2019. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2019 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than September 15, 2019, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
Note: Students who have completed/completing B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
- The percentages of marks / CGPA in the qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks/ grade points obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks / grade points secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2019 for deciding the eligibility.
Admission process through NIMCET 2019
- The candidates who appeared and obtained marks in NIMCET-2019 will be allotted ranks
- The candidates who obtained rank in NIMCET-2019 only shall be eligible for admission into MCA program at the participating institutes
- Important features regarding applying for NIMCET-2019 through online, syllabus for the test, test centers, criteria to award a rank, rank card, admission procedure, list of participating institutes with total number of seats, seat distribution, contact addresses, admission schedule are given in the brochure
- Candidates are advised to read this brochure and visit our website https://www.nicet.in regularly for updates till the end of counseling.
NIMCET 2019 Notification
Get Free Entrance Exam Alerts and College Admission Guidance >> Click here