NIMCET 2019 MCA Common Entrance Test
NIMCET 2019 Exam Notification, Application, Exam Dates
NIMCET 2019 - Applications are invited from eligible candidates for NIMCET MCA Entrance Exam (NIMCET) 2019. NIMCET-2019 is a National Level Entrance Test for admission into Master of Computer Applications Program (MCA) offered by 11 participating National Institutes of Technology (NITs) at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal, for the year 2019
List of NIMCET 2019 Participating Institutes
11 National Institute of Technology are participating in NIMCET 2019 which is given below
- NIT Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal.
See: MCA Entrance Exams
NIMCET 2019 Exam Dates
- Start date of online registration: 01st March 2019
- Last date of online registration: 07th April 2019
- Availability of NIMCET admit card: 14th to 25th May 2019
- Exam date: 27th May 2019 (10.00am-12.00 noon)
- Result Declaration: 06th June 2019
- Commencement of online choice filling: 10th June 2019
- End of online choice filling: 14th June 2019
- Seat allotment: 16th June to 25th July 2019
NIMCET 2019 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55%marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST) in B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT of minimum three years full-time from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects OR
- B.E. / BTech. From a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2019.
Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted.
(CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on unitary method)
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2019 and such candidates shall have to furnish the proof (in the form of a certificate issued by the Head of institution where the candidate has studied) of candidature for appearing in the examinations during the academic year 2019. All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2019 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than September 15, 2019, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs.
Note: Students who have completed/completing B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
- The percentages of marks / CGPA in the qualifying degree are to be calculated on the basis of marks/ grade points obtained in all the subjects studied in all the years including languages, optional and additional subjects studied, if any. The aggregate of marks / grade points secured in all the subjects in all the years computed using this method of calculation alone be considered by NIMCET-2019 for deciding the eligibility.
Admission process through NIMCET 2019
- The candidates who appeared and obtained marks in NIMCET-2019 will be allotted ranks
- The candidates who obtained rank in NIMCET-2019 only shall be eligible for admission into MCA program at the participating institutes
- Important features regarding applying for NIMCET-2019 through online, syllabus for the test, test centers, criteria to award a rank, rank card, admission procedure, list of participating institutes with total number of seats, seat distribution, contact addresses, admission schedule are given in the brochure
- Candidates are advised to read this brochure and visit our website https://www.nicet.in regularly for updates till the end of counseling.
NIMCET 2019 Exam Pattern
NIMCET-2019 test will be conducted with only one question paper containing 120 multiple choice
Questions covering the following subjects. Multiple Choice Questions will be written in English Language only and will not be translated into any other language.
1. Mathematics: 50 Questions
2. Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning: 40 questions
3. Computer Awareness: 10 questions
4. General English: 20 questions
NIMCET 2019 Exam Centres
- Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Hamipur, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Patna, Raipur, Rourkela, Silchar, Srinagar, Surat, Surathkal, Tiruchirappali, Warangal, Kolkata and Delhi
Note: This is tentative list of test centers. If enough number of candidates do not opt for a particular centre that centre may be cancelled and then center chosen as second choice will be allotted automatically.
NIMCET 2019 Application Process
- Candidates should apply for NIMCET-2019 through Online only. Candidates must follow instructions strictly as given in the website https://www.nimcet.in
- Application fee is Rs.2200/- for Open/OBC and Rs.1100/- for SC/-
NIMCET 2019 Admit Card
Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards.
NIMCET Conducted by:-
NIT Durgapur - National Institute of Technology Durgapur Mahatma Gandhi Avenue, Durgapur-713209 (West Bengal), Phone No: 0343-2752123, Fax: 0343-2547375, Mail Id: firstname.lastname@example.org, Website https://nimcet.in