NIT MCA Common Entrance Test 2022 – Dates, Eligibility, Admit Card, Application Procedure
NIMCET 2022 – National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur is coordinating NIMCET-2022 (NIT MCA Common Entrance Test ) for admission to the Master of Computer Application (MCA) program offered at 11 NITs of the country. The application portal will open from 04th April 2022.
What is NIMCET 2022
- NIMCET-2022 is All India Level Entrance Test for admission to Master of Computer Applications Program (MCA) offered by 11 participating National Institutes of Technology NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli (Trichy), and Warangal for the year 2022-23
- Name of the Exam – NIT MCA Common Entrance Test
- Common Name – NIMCET
- Conducting Body – National Institute of Technology Jamshedpur
- Exam Level – Post-graduation
- Courses offered – Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- Participating Institutes -11 National Institutes of Technology
NIMCET Dates 2022
- Publication of Advertisement in Press and Web: Monday, 28th March 2022 to Wednesday, 30/03/2022
- Opening date for Online Registration: Monday, 04th April 2022 [10 am]
- Last date for online submission of Application Form:
Wednesday, 04th May 2022 [up to 5 pm]till May 9, 2022
- Availability of Admit card on web for download: Monday, 06th June 2022 to June 19, 2022
- Date of Online Examination at the allotted centers: Monday, 20th June 2022
- Date of Publication of Result: Tuesday, 05th July 2022
- Choice filling: Thursday, 07th July 2022 to Tuesday, 12th July 2022
- First Round of Allotment: Monday, 18th July 2022
- First round of physical reporting at the nearest Reporting Centre: Saturday, 23rd July 2022 to Monday, 25th July 2022
- Second round of Allotment / Upgradation: Friday, 29th July 2022
- Second round of reporting at the nearest reporting centre only for Fresh allottees and allottees whose seats are upgraded and if they wish to modify their option; otherwise (need not report): Wednesday, 03rd August 2022 to Thursday, 04th August 2022
- Third round of Allotment / Upgradation : Monday, 08th August 2022
- Reporting of all allottees for final admission (First and Second round) in person to the allotted institute and Surrendering of the allotted seats by those who do not wish to join the allotted institute but wishes to participate in the final round of allotment: Tuesday, 16/08/2022 to Wednesday, 17th August 2022
- Commencement of classes for admitted students : Thursday, 18th August 2022
- Announcement of vacant seats: Saturday, 20th August 2022
- Fresh Choice Filling only for the vacant seats : Monday, 22nd August 2022 to Wednesday, 24th August 2022
- Final round of Seat allotment : Friday, 27th August 2022
- Final round of reporting for admission at the allotted institute : Thursday, 01st September 2022
NIMCET 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST/PwD) in
- B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time programme from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
- B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2022. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. (CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on Unitary method).
- Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2022
- All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2022 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than September 15, 2022, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs
- Note – Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT program of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
NIMCET 2022 Application Process
- Candidates must apply for NIMCET-2022 through ‘Online’ only through official website https://www.nimcet.in/
- Candidates have to register on NIMCET-2022 website by creating the login, password as instructed therein and then fill all the details as per the Online Form.
- Candidates have to pay the non-refundable Application Processing Fee through the provisions made in the NIMCET-2022 website only before the final submission of the online application form.
- All the relevant documents (duly self attested and then scanned) should be uploaded along with the online application form.
- After duly filling up the application form and uploading the necessary documents, the candidate should click “Preview the Application”, following which a preview of the entire application will be generated for viewing.
- After the final submission of the application, a soft copy of the complete application form with unique Application Number will be generated in the downloadable PDF format
- Applicants are advised to download and save the soft copy and also keep a hard copy of the application for further references.
- For OPEN/OPEN-EWS/OBC Category : Rs. 2,500/-
- For SC/ST/PwD Category : Rs. 1,250/-
- Admission through NIMCET-2022
- The candidates who appeared and obtained marks in NIMCET-2022 will be allotted ranks.
- The candidates who obtained rank in NIMCET2022 only shall be eligible for admission to MCA program in the participating institutes
NIMCET 2022 Exam Pattern
- Mode of Exam – Offline mode
- Type of Questions – Multiple Choice Based Questions (MCQs)
- Duration of Exam – 2 hours
- Language – English only
- Total Questions – 120 MCQs
- Marking Scheme – Each question carries 4 Marks. There is a negative marking of 1 Mark.
- Distribution of Question Paper
- Mathematics – 50 Questions
- Analytical Ability & Logical Reasoning – 40 Questions
- Computer Awareness- 10 Questions
- General English – 20 Questions
- Total- 120 Questions
NIMCET 2022 Admit Card
- Admit cards will not be sent to the candidates individually by post. Eligible candidates can download their own Admit Cards from the NIMCET-2022 website https://www.nimcet.in on or after the First week of June, 2022.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website