NIMCET MCA Entrance Exam 2018 Syllabus
Entrance Test of All Nine NIT’s Is Through NIMCET
- NIT Allahabad
- NIT Bhopal
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Jamshedpur
- NIT Raipur
- NIT Surathkal
- NIT Trichirapallai
- NIT Warangal
- Candidates, with 60% marks (6.5/10 CGPA) in Bachelor’s degree of Full Time 3 years duration from a recognized University with Mathematics / Statistics / Bus. Maths. as one of the subjects in any one semester/year, both in graduation and at 10+2 level are eligible. For SC/ST candidates the percentage of marks required is 55%(6.0/10 CGPA). Those candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examinations in 2016 are also eligible to appear for the test. However, they will have to furnish proof of having passed in the qualifying examination, with 60% marks, at the time of counselling / admission. Indian Nationals only are eligible to appear for the NIMCET-2016.
- The NIMCET examination will be for a duration of two hours and consists of 120 multiple choice questions with four choices for each question. Each correctly answered question carries FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question invites NEGATIVE ONE mark.
MATHEMATICS : (50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concepts of sets – Union – Intersection – Cardinality – Elementary counting, permutations and combinations
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansions, Factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms- arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices .
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equations of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, Continuous functions, Differentiation of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction; Definite integrals, Applications of Definite Integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, General solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
- The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions)
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics.
- Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS