NIMCET MCA Entrance Exam 2021 Syllabus
Entrance Test of All Nine NIT’s Is Through NIMCET
(i) B.Sc. / B.Sc. (Hons) / BCA / BIT / B.Voc. (Computer Science/ Computer Applications) of minimum three years full-time programme from a recognized University with Mathematics/ Statistics as one of the subjects
(ii) B.E./ B.Tech. from a recognized University are eligible to appear for NIMCET-2021. Conversion of scored marks from CGPA to percentage and vice-versa is not permitted. (CGPA other than 10-point scale will be converted to 10-point scale based on Unitary method).
(ii) Candidates who are appearing for the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for NIMCET-2021
All candidates shall submit the proof of fulfilling the eligibility criteria of NIMCET- 2021 at the time of Counseling/Admission but not later than September 15, 2021, failing which their admission is liable to be cancelled by the respective NITs
Note – Students who have completed/completing B.Sc./ B.Sc. (Hons)/BCA/ BIT programme of 3 years from Open Universities are also eligible to apply provided the programme is approved by UGC / AICTE and Distance Education Council (DEC) of Govt. of India.
Indian Nationals securing at least 60% marks in aggregate or 6.5 CGPA on a 10-point scale (55% marks or 6.0 CGPA on a 10-point scale in case of SC/ ST/PwD) in
- The NIMCET examination will be for a duration of two hours and consists of 120 multiple choice questions with four choices for each question. Each correctly answered question carries FOUR marks and each wrongly answered question invites NEGATIVE ONE mark.
MATHEMATICS : (50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concepts of sets – Union – Intersection – Cardinality – Elementary counting, permutations and combinations
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in Algebra, Expansions, Factorization, simultaneous linear/quadratic equations, indices, logarithms- arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices .
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equations of a line, intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, Continuous functions, Differentiation of functions, tangents and normals, simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of function by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction; Definite integrals, Applications of Definite Integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations, properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, General solutions of trigonometric equations.
ANALYTICAL ABILITY AND LOGICAL REASONING: (40 questions)
- The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
COMPUTER AWARENESS: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a Computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), Structure of instructions in CPU, input / output devices, computer memory, back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, Binary Arithmetic: Addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
GENERAL ENGLISH: (20 questions)
- Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics.
- Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing.
Also Check out >> MCA ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS