All you need to know about NIMCET 2017
The NIMCET is National Institute of Technology Common Entrance Test, a National Level Test conducted by NITs for admission in to their MCA programme. The admission to the MCA programme in to NITs at Agartala, Allahabad, Bhopal, Calicut, Durgapur, Jamshedpur, Kurukshetra, Raipur, Surathkal, Tiruchirappalli and Warangal for the year 2016 is based on the Rank obtained in NIMCET 2017 only.
The examination is scheduled for May 29th, 2016 (Sunday) from 10.00 a.m. to 12.00 noon.
NIMCET 2017 Exam Syllabus
- Mathematics :( 50 questions)
- Set Theory: Concept of sets – Union, Intersection, Cardinality, Elementary counting; permutations and combinations.
- Probability and Statistics: Basic concepts of probability theory, Averages, Dependent and independent events, frequency distributions, measures of central tendencies and dispersions.
- Algebra: Fundamental operations in algebra, expansions, factorization, simultaneous linear / quadratic equations, indices, logarithms, arithmetic, geometric and harmonic progressions, determinants and matrices.
- Coordinate Geometry: Rectangular Cartesian coordinates, distance formulae, equation of a line, and intersection of lines, pair of straight lines, equations of a circle, parabola, ellipse, and hyperbola.
- Calculus: Limit of functions, continuous function, differentiation of function, tangents and normals,simple examples of maxima and minima. Integration of functions by parts, by substitution and by partial fraction, definite integrals, applications of definite integrals to areas.
- Vectors: Position vector, addition and subtraction of vectors, scalar and vector products and their applications to simple geometrical problems and mechanics.
- Trigonometry: Simple identities, trigonometric equations properties of triangles, solution of triangles, heights and distances, general solutions of trigonometric equations.
- Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning: (40 questions) The questions in this section will cover logical reasoning and quantitative aptitude. Some of the questions will be on comprehension of a logical situation and questions based on the facts given in the passage.
- Computer Awareness: (10 questions)
- Computer Basics: Organization of a computer, Central Processing Unit (CPU), structure of instructions in CPU, input/output devices, computer memory, and back-up devices.
- Data Representation: Representation of characters, integers and fractions, binary and hexadecimal representations, binary arithmetic: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, simple arithmetic and two’s complement arithmetic, floating point representation of numbers, Boolean algebra, truth tables, Venn diagrams.
- General English: (20 questions) Questions in this section will be designed to test the candidates’ general understanding of the English language. There will be questions on the following topics. Comprehension, Vocabulary, Basic English Grammar (like usage of correct forms of verbs, prepositions and articles), Word power, Synonyms and Antonyms, Meanings of words and phrases, Technical writing
NIMCET 2017 Exam Pattern
The NIMCET 2017 will last for two and a half hours and will comprise of 120 multiple choice questions with four choices for each individual question. Each correct answer will earn the candidate FOUR marks, whereas each negative answer will amount to Negative One mark. The candidates must mark their response in the OMR sheets provided just prior to the commencement of the exam. For this, candidates are required to bring their own HB pencil, ball point pen and eraser.
The question paper will be divided amongst four subjects in the following pattern:
Analytical Ability and Logical Reasoning
NIMCET-2017 examination centres:
- MNNIT Allahabad
- NIT Rourkela
- MANIT Bhopal
- NIT Silchar
- NIT Calicut
- NIT Srinagar
- NIT Durgapur
- NIT Surat
- NIT Hamirpur
- NITK Surathkal
- MNIT Jaipur
- NIT Tiruchirappalli
- NIT Jalandhar
- NIT Warangal
- NIT Jamshedpur
- AIT Delhi
- NIT Kurukshetra
- NIT Patna
NIMCET 2017 Notification