IIT JEE Main Mathematics Syllabus – JEE Main entrance exam for admission to B.E. / B.Tech, B Arch and B. Plan. comprises of three subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry for B.E. / B.Tech, Mathematics, Aptitude and Drawing for B Arch, Mathematics, Aptitude and Planning for admission to B Plan. Candidates should cover the syllabus of Mathematics of class 11 and 12 thoroughly. Here we have compiled a list of topics in Mathematics for JEE Main that form a part of the syllabus of JEE Main Mathematics paper. The topics are as follows-
Check out the detailed syllabus for JEE Main 2021 exam, here.
- Sets, Relations and Functions: Sets and their representation: Union, intersection and complement of sets and their algebraic properties, power set, relation, types of relations, equivalence relations, functions, one-one, into and onto functions, composition of functions.
- Complex numbers and quadratic equations: complex numbers as ordered pairs of reals, representation of complex numbers in the form a+ib and their representation in a plane, argand diagram, algebra of complex numbers, modulus and argument of a complex number etc.
- Matrices and Determinants: Matrices, algebra of matrices, types of matrices, determinants and matrices of order two and three. Properties of determinants, evaluation of determinants, areas of triangles using determinants. Adjoint and evaluation of inverse of a square matrix using determinants and elementary transformations, test of consistency and solution of simultaneous linear equations in two or three variables using determinants and matrices.
- Permutations and Combinations: Fundamental principle of counting, permutation as an arrangement and combination as selection, meaning of P (n, r) and C (n, r) simple applications
- Mathematical induction: Principle of Mathematical induction and its simple applications.
- Binomial Theorem and its simple applications: Binomial theorem for a positive integral index; general term and middle term, properties of binomial coefficient and simple applications.
- Sequence and series: Arithmetic and Geometric progression, insertion of arithmetic, geometric means between two given numbers. Relation between A.M and G.M. Sum up to n terms of special series: Sn, Sn2, Sn3. Arithmetico-geometric progression.
Note: For more details please check the syllabus notification.
Top 100 Engineering colleges in India- Latest rankings for 2021 examinations
Tips to get high JEE Main AIR Ranking
Sure shot tips to crack JEE Main Exam
NTA announces JEE Main 2021 dates