The JEE Main Information Bulletin clearly mentions that the number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to 03 (three). This was same in case of AIEEE also. AIEEE aspirants could give AIEEE exam for maximum of 03 times in consecutive years.
Candidates may please note that Since the states of Maharashtra, Nagaland and Odisha have now joined JEE (Main) system from 2015. The age limit, for admission to institutions in these states which were earlier admitting candidates based on their state level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will however be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs
For Age Eligibility, Only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 01, 1989 are eligible to sit for JEE Main 2016 examination. However, in the case of Scheduled Caste (SC), Scheduled Tribe (ST) and Persons with Disabilities (PwD) candidates, upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years, i.e. SC, ST and PwD candidates who are born on or after October 01, 1985 are eligible.
JEE MAIN 2016 Notification has been released .
- JEE Main 2017 Notification
- JEE MAINS Entrance Exam 2016 MCQ Test Preparation Practice CD
- Application Dates for JEE Main 2017 Exam
- JEE Main 2016 Application form – Simple Steps to Apply Online
- Syllabus for JEE Main Examination in 2016
- JEE Main Offline or Online – Which is better
- Will there be Negative Marking in JEE Main Exam