Every year we receive lots of Questions on the Application Process of JEE Main and other entrance exams.
Here is the Question we received yesterday:
How to fill up the JEE MAIN 2017 Application Form ?
Please give the instructions in a easy way to apply for JEE MAIN Examination 2017
Answer – Just like last year, we have created a video on How to apply online for JEE main 2017 Exam ? Please see the video given below for this purpose
Here are step by step instructions for applying online
Candidates of JEE (Main) 2017 have to apply online only. The online applications will be available from December 1, 2016 onwards. Please ensure that you are filling genuine application form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in)
Steps to Apply …
- Please read the instructions, procedure and Information Bulletin carefully before you start filling the Application Form.
- Candidate can apply for JEE (Main) – 2017 ‘ON-LINE’ only through official website of JEE (Main) (www.jeemain.nic.in).
- Please ensure that you are filling genuine Application Form available online at JEE (Main) website (www.jeemain.nic.in).
- Please ensure your eligibility as per the criteria laid down for JEE (Main), JEE (Advanced) and participating State Institutions (as applicable).
- The fee may be submitted either by any credit/debit card or through e-Challan of Syndicate Bank/Canara Bank/ICICI Bank.
- Candidate is allowed to submit only one Application Form. Multiple Applications of a candidate are liable to be rejected.
Application Procedure: 3 Simple Steps to be followed to apply online
Step 1: Fill the Online Application Form, choose your Password and note down system generated Application Number.
- The candidate should supply all the details while filling the Online Application Form and also required to choose PASSWORD and Security Question and enter his/her Answer.
- After successful submission of the data, Application number will be generated and it will be used to complete the remaining Steps of the Application Form and also required for all future correspondence. For subsequent logins, candidate will be able to login directly with his/her respective system generated Application Number and chosen Password.
Step 2: Upload Scanned Images of Photograph, Signature and Thumb impression
- NOTE: The Candidate will be able to modify/correct the particulars before the payment of fees. Once the payment of fee has been made / e-Challan downloaded, candidate particulars cannot be edited.
Step 3: Pay Examination Fee by debit/credit card or e-Challan of Syndicate/Canara/ICICI Bank
- The application no. printed on the computer generated Acknowledgement Page must be mentioned in all such correspondences. It is therefore essential to note down the application number printed on the Acknowledgement Page.
- Candidates should submit only ONE application form. Multiple applications will be rejected.
- The name in the application form must be the same as in class XII pass certificate.
- The candidates should supply all the required details while filling up the online form.
- Once you submit the form, a confirmation page with Computer generated Application Number will come on the Screen.
- From this year the JEE (Main) 2017 application has been made completely online i.e. the candidate have to fill the particulars online and also upload their photograph, signature and thumb impression. Due to above, the provision of sending hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to the JEE (Main) office has been done away with. Therefore the candidates are advised not to send hard copy of the application i.e. confirmation page to JEE (Main) Secretariat.
Important Note: Candidates should possess AADHAAR card issued by UIDAI. While filling the application form of JEE (Main)–2017, candidates will have to enter their AADHAAR number, name, date of birth & gender which will be validated with the UIDAI’s data. Therefore, the candidates are advised to ensure that their AADHAAR card has correct details of their name, date of birth & gender as per school records. If there is some mismatch in these details, the candidates should immediately get it corrected in AADHAAR data or school records, as the case may be.
- JEE Main 2017 Notification
- Application Dates for JEE Main 2017 Exam
- Syllabus for JEE Main Examination in 2016
- JEE Main Offline or Online – Which is better
JEE MAIN 2017 ADMIT CARD
- The Admit Card can be downloaded from JEE (Main) website from March 2017 tentatively.
- PRIOR TO DOWNLOADING THE ADMIT CARD, THE CANDIDATES ARE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THEIR ROLL NO. AND BOARD DETAILS OF CLASS 12TH/ EQUIVALENT QUALIFYING EXAMINATION ON THE JEE (MAIN) WEBSITE. PREVIOUS YEARS PASS OUTS CANDIDATE SHOULD VERIFY THEIR ROLL NO. AND BOARD DETAILS OF CLASS 12TH/EQUIVALENT QUALIFYING EXAMINATION.
- The candidates are advised to download their admit cards from JEE (Main) website only.
The Candidates are also advised to regularly see JEE (Main) website for updates.