NIACL AO – Frequently Asked Questions on Salary, Online Application Process, Job Profile, Selection Process Application Fees and More
NIACL AO Recruitment process starts on December 10, 2018 The New India Assurance Co. Ltd., based in Mumbai, Maharashtra is a public sector general insurance company of India. It is the “largest general insurance company of India on the basis of gross premium collection inclusive of foreign operations” It was founded by Sir Dorabji Tata in 1919, and was nationalized in 1973. New India Assurance operates both in India and foreign countries.
The company with its registered Head office in Mumbai has about 31 regional offices, 6 Large Corporate Offices, 447 Divisional Offices, 578 Branches, 27 Direct Agent Branches and 1239 Micro Offices, 1 Auto hub, 2 centralized legal hub totaling 2329 offices.
On the page below you will find the answer to all your queries related to New India Assurance Administrative Officer job. See New India Assurance AO Recruitment 2018 Notification
Salary of New India Assurance Administrative Officer
Q.1. What is the Salary of New India Assurance Administrative Officer?
Answer: The salary of New India Assurance Administrative Officer is as follows:
- Basic pay of Rs. 32,795/- in the scale of Rs. 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315 and other admissible allowance as applicable
- Total emoluments will be approximately Rs.51, 000/- p.m. in Metropolitan Centers. Other benefits such as coverage under National Pension System governed by PFRDA, Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance etc. shall be as per rules.
- The Officers are also entitled for Company / leased accommodation as per norms. The salary scales are due for revision w.e.f Aug 2017.
Q.2. What is the Exam Pattern for NIACL AO Recruitment Test?
Answer: Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This would consist of 3 sections as follows:
- English – 30 marks (20 minutes, Version – English)
- Reasoning Ability – 35 marks (20 minutes, Version – English/Hindi)
- Quantitative Aptitude – 35 marks (20 minutes, Version – English/Hindi)
Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Company (approximately 15 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Exam
Phase – II: Main Exam
Main Exam will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
(I) Objective Test:
The Objective Test for 200 marks and duration of test is 2 hours
- Test of Reasoning – 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- Test of English Language – 50 marks (Version – English)
- Test of General Awareness – 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- Test of Quantitative Aptitude – 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
The Objective Test for 200 marks and duration of test is 2 hours
- Test of Reasoning – 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- Test of English Language – 40 marks (Version – English)
- Test of General Awareness – 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- Test of Quantitative Aptitude – 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- In Specialist stream, an additional test to assess technical & professional knowledge in the relevant discipline – 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
(II) Descriptive Test:
The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 30 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing-10 marks & Essay-20 marks). The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted through online mode
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty (Penalty for Wrong Answers is applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
Also See: ICICI Bank PO Recruitment 2018 – Eligibility, application, dates
Q.3. What is the Job profile of AO in New India Assurance Co Ltd?
Answer: Job profile of AO (Generalist) involves
- Claim settlements, Underwriting, Risk Assessment and Supervision of Assistants work.
- It also involves verification of risk proposals and authorization of claims.
Job Profile of Company Secretary involves
- The efficient administration with regard to ensure compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements and for ensuring that decisions of the board of directors are implemented.
Job profile of Legal Officer involves
- Handling of all the legal affairs of the Company.
- Prepare legal documents for various processes and provide assistance in the legal issues of the Company.
- Monitoring the errors and keeping the authenticity of the documents i.e. Agreements and Contracts of the Company.
Job Profile of Finance & Accounts Officer involves
- Management of the financial bookkeeping of the company.
- Sending bills to its customers, processes refunds, interaction with collection agencies on past-due accounts etc.
- Resolving billing issues of the company.
- Assisting in the preparation of budgets and managing records and receipts of the Company.
- Reconciling daily, monthly and yearly transactions and preparing balance sheets.
Q.4. What is the Recruitment Process for Administrative Officer in New India Assurance Co?
Answer: The AO Recruitment Process consists of following Steps:
- Phase I Preliminary Examination (Objective)
- Phase II Mains Examination (Objective + Descriptive)
- Phase III Interview – Candidates shortlisted at the end of Phase-II will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Company. Interview will be conducted at select centres.
- Final Selection based on consolidated marks of main examination (objective test) & Interview. The weightage (ratio) of online Exam and Interview will be 80:20 respectively
Also See: Fresher Jobs 2019 – Banking, UPSC, Engineering, Jobs for Freshers
Q. 5. Is there any age limit for applying for AO in New India Assurance?
Answer: Minimum Age – 21 years Maximum Age – 30 years, as on 01st December 2018 i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd December 988 and not later than 01st December 1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation in upper age limit shall be as follows:
- SC – 5 years
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) – 3 years
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined – 10 years
- Ex-servicemen – 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as consequence thereof = 3 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.1980 to 31st December 1989 = 5 years
- Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies = 8 years
Q. 6. Does New India Assurance takes any bond from New AO Recruits?
Answer: Yes, candidates before joining as probationer will be required to give an undertaking to serve the Company for a minimum period of four years including probation period. In the event of their resigning from the Company before the expiry of the bond period, they will be liable to pay liquidated damages equivalent to one year’s gross salary paid to them during the year of probation which could be proportionately reduced depending on the length of service rendered. Besides, he/she will have to submit a stamped Bond duly executed by two sureties (not blood relatives) of sound financial standing for an amount equivalent to one year’s gross salary.
Candidates resigning from the Company during the probation period and candidates whose services are terminated by the Company during the probation period shall be liable to pay the salary received by them during their entire service in the Company in addition to an amount of Rs.25, 000/- towards partial cost of training.
Q.7. What is the Selection Process for AO jobs in New India Assurance?
Answer: The selection for AO will be done through a three-tiered process:
- Phase I. Preliminary Examination (Objective)
- Phase II. Mains Examination (Objective + Descriptive)
- Phase III. Interview
Also See: 7 Things should be avoided in a face to face interview
Q.8. What is the Application fee for general candidates while applying for Administrative Officer Job in NIACL?
- For SC/ST/PWD 100/- (Intimation Charges only)
- For General, OBC 600/- (App. Fee including intimation charges)
Q.9. Will the exam be conducted online or offline (OMR Based)?
Answer: Common Written Exam for NIACL AO will be conducted online for both Prelims and Mains
Q.10. What all documents are required for applying for Administrative Officer Jobs in New India Assurance Co Ltd.
Answer: The following documents in original and self attested photocopies in support of the candidate’s eligibility and identity are to be invariably submitted at the time of interview
- Printout of the valid Interview Call Letter
- Valid system generated printout of the online application form registered for the online examination
- Proof of Date of Birth (Birth Certificate issued by the Competent Municipal Authorities or SSLC/ Std. X Certificate with DOB)
- Photo Identity Proof as indicated in *IDENTITY VERIFICATION section of the advertisement
- Mark-sheets & certificates for Std X, XII, Graduation and Post-Graduation (if any) or equivalent qualification(s) etc.
- Caste Certificate, along with caste validity certificate (wherever applicable), issued by the competent authority in the prescribed format as stipulated by Government of India in the case of SC / ST / OBC category candidates.
- Disability certificate in prescribed format issued by the authorized certifying authority in case of Persons with Benchmark Disability category.
- An Ex-serviceman candidate has to produce a copy of the Service or Discharge book along with pension payment order and documentary proof of rank last / presently held (substantive as well as acting)
- Candidates serving in Government / Quasi Govt. offices/ Public Sector Undertakings (including Nationalized Banks and Financial Institutions) are required to produce a “No Objection certificate” from their employer,
- Persons eligible for age relaxation under point 6 (6) above must produce the domicile certificate from the District Jurisdiction where he / she had ordinarily resided or any other authority designated in this regard by the Government of Jammu & Kashmir to the effect that the candidate had ordinarily domiciled in the State of J&K during the period from 01.01.80 to 31.12.89.
- Experience certificates, if any
- Persons falling in categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) of Nationality criteria should produce a certificate of eligibility issued by the Govt. Of India
- Any other relevant documents in support of eligibility
Also See: NIACL AO Recruitment Notification in Hindi
Q. 11. Can Fresher’s apply for NIACL AO Recruitment?
Answer: Yes, Fresher’s can also apply for NIACL AO Recruitment.
Q.12. Is Aadhaar Card required for applying for AO Jobs in NIACL?
Answer: No Aadhar card is not required for apply for the AO post in NIACL.
Q.13 Is negative marking applicable for New India Assurance AO Jobs?
Answer: Yes, negative marking is applicable. For each wrong answer one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Q- 14. Is New India Assurance Administrative Officer Job a Government Job?
Answer: Yes, Indirect;y it is as NIACL is a government owned company. New India Assurance Company Limited is a PSU, means public sector undertaking, which means more than 50 % of this company’s share is owned by Government of India
Q.15. What is the application process for NIACL AO Recruitment?
Answer: The Application process is consists of three simple steps:
1. Application registration
- Candidates need to go to the Recruitment Section of Company’s website https://newindia.co.in and click on the option “APPLY ONLINE” which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab “Click here for New Registration” and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing “SAVE AND NEXT” tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the “SAVE AND NEXT” facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission
2. Payment of fees
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of ‘E-Receipt’ indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
For Credit Card users
- All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
- Scan Document and upload
- Candidates are required to scan the relevant document such as mark sheet, photograph, signature, left thumb impression and hand-written declaration Image, etc. per the specifications given in the information bulletin and upload it
Q16. What is the educational Qualification Requirements for AO Generalists in NIACL?
Answer: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a graduate/post graduate in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General candidates and at least 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates)
Q.17. What is the Educational Qualification Requirements for AO Specialists in NIACL?
Answer: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification as follows. The qualification should be from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by Central Government.
- Company Secretary: ACS/FCS from ICSI and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60%
- Legal: Graduate/Post-graduate in Law with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
- Finance & Accounts: Chartered Accountant (ICAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) OR Cost and Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, earlier known as ICWAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) OR MBA Finance/PGDM FINANCE* with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) OR COM with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
- Candidate should possess a certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination as on 01.12.2018.
- MBA/PGDM Finance candidates must furnish certificate from university confirming their specialization in finance at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview
Q. 18. How will I get my Admit card for Prelims and Main Examination?
Answer: Candidates will have to visit our website https://newindia.co.in for downloading Admit card/ call letters for online tests (separately for Phase-I & II). Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS.
If you have any specific Queries, Please leave your Question in the comments section below.