New India Assurance AO Recruitment 2018 Notification, Dates - Apply Online
New India Assurance Recruitment 2018 for Administrative Officer (Generalists and Specialists), Apply Online for 312 Vacancies
New India Assurance AO Recruitment 2018 - New India Assurance Co. Ltd has published a notification for the recruitment of Administrative Officer (Scale-I) (Generalists and Specialists) vacancies. Eligible Indian Citizens can apply online from 10th December 2018 to 26th December 2018. Other details like age limit, educational qualification, selection process, application fee and how to apply are given below
Also See : Freshers Jobs
NIACL Recruitment 2018 for Administrative Officers (AOs)
- The New India Assurance Company Ltd., a leading Public Sector General Insurance Company, invites applications for recruitment of 312 Officers (Generalist & Specialists) in Scale I Cadre from open market.
- Post Name: Administrative Officer (Generalists & Specialists)
- No. of Vacancies: 312 Posts
- Job Location: Across India
NIACL AO JOBS 2018 VACANCIES
- Company Secretary - 02 Posts
- Legal - 30 Posts
- Finance & Accounts - 35 Posts
- Generalists - 245 Posts
Important Dates for NIACL Recruitment 2018
- Application Starts from: 10th December 2018
- Last Date to Apply: 26th December 2018
- Online Registration and Payment of Application Fees: 10th to 26th December 2018 (both dates inclusive)
- Phase-I Online Examination (Objective): 30th January 2019
- Phase-II Online Examination (Objective + Descriptive): 02nd March 2019
NIACL AO Recruitment 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: A candidate applying for recruitment in the Company must be either:
- (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or (e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a at a time stretching up to one year.
- During the probation period the Officers would be required to pass the non-life Licentiate Exam conducted by Insurance Institute of India. Only after passing the said exam the Officer will be eligible for confirmation of his/her services in the Company
- Failure to pass the said Examination within the extended probation period will render the officer liable to be terminated from service on expiry of the period so specified
Educational Qualification (as on 01st Dec. 2018)
- Generalists: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification of a graduate/post graduate in any discipline from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government with at least 60% marks in either of the degree examination for General candidates and at least 55% marks for SC/ST/PwBD candidates.
- Specialists: A candidate must possess the minimum qualification as follows. The qualification should be from a recognised University or any equivalent qualification recognised as such by Central Government.
- Company Secretary = ACS/FCS from ICSI and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60%
- Legal = Graduate/Post-graduate in Law with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
- Finance & Accounts = Chartered Accountant (ICAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or Cost and Management Accountant (The Institute of Cost Accountants of India, earlier known as ICWAI) and Graduation/Post-graduation in any discipline with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or MBA Finance/PGDM FINANCE* with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD) Or M.COM with min 60% (55% for SC/ST/PwBD)
- Candidate should possess certificate in proof of passing the qualifying examination as on 01st December 2018
- MBA/PGDM Finance candidates must furnish certificate from university confirming their specialization in finance at the time of interview, failing which they will not be allowed to appear for the interview
Age (as on 01st December 2018)
- Minimum Age - 21 years Maximum Age - 30 years, as on 01st December 2018 i.e. a candidate must have been born not earlier than 2nd Dec-1988 and not later than 01st December 1997 (both dates inclusive)
Relaxation in upper age limit shall be as follows:
- SC - 5 years
- OBC (Non-creamy layer) - 3 years
- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities as defined - 10 years
- Ex-servicemen - 5 years
- Defence service personnel disabled in operation during the hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as consequence thereof = 3 years
- Persons ordinarily domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1.1.1980 to 31st December 1989 = 5 years
- Existing Confirmed Employees of Public Sector General Insurance Companies = 8 years
Selection Procedure for NIACL AO Recruitment 2018
Phase-I: Preliminary Examination
- Preliminary Examination consisting of Objective Tests for 100 marks will be conducted online. This would consist of 3 sections as follows:
- English - 30 marks (20 minutes, Version - English)
- Reasoning Ability - 35 marks (20 minutes, Version – English/Hindi)
- Quantitative Aptitude - 35 marks (20 minutes, Version – English/Hindi)
Total Maximum Marks: 100
- Adequate number of candidates in each category as decided by the Company (approximately 15 times the numbers of vacancies subject to availability) will be shortlisted for the Main Exam
Phase - II: Main Exam
- Main Exam will consist of Objective Tests for 200 marks and Descriptive Test for 30 marks. Both the Objective and Descriptive Tests will be online. Candidates will have to answer Descriptive Test by typing on the computer. Immediately after completion of Objective Test, Descriptive Test will be administered.
- (I) Objective Test: The Objective Test of 2 hours duration will be as follows:
- a) Test of Reasoning - 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- b) Test of English Language - 50 marks (Version – English)
- c) Test of General Awareness - 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- d) Test of Quantitative Aptitude - 50 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- e) Total Max. Marks: 200, Type of Test: Objective and Duration: 120 minutes
- a) Test of Reasoning - 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- b) Test of English Language - 40 marks (Version – English)
- c) Test of General Awareness - 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- d) Test of Quantitative Aptitude - 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- e) In Specialist stream, an additional test to assess technical & professional knowledge in the relevant discipline - 40 marks (Version – English/Hindi)
- f) Total Max. Marks: 200, Type of Test: Objective and Duration: 120 minutes
- (ii) Descriptive Test: The Descriptive Test of 30 minutes duration with 30 marks will be a Test of English Language (Letter Writing-10 marks & Essay-20 marks). The descriptive test will be in English and will be conducted through online mode
- Penalty for Wrong Answers (Applicable to both – Preliminary and Main examination)
- There will be penalty for wrong answers marked in the Objective Tests. Each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-fourth of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty to arrive at corrected score. If
Phase - III: Interview
- Candidates who have been shortlisted at the end of Phase-II will subsequently be called for an Interview to be conducted by the Company. Interview will be conducted at select centres. The weightage (ratio) of online Exam and Interview will be 80:20 respectively
- Final selection would be based on consolidated marks of main examination (objective test) & Interview
- The final merit list shall be prepared in descending order of the consolidated marks secured by the candidates. Candidates who fall within the number of vacancies in the merit list shall be considered for appointment.
- The Exam will be conducted online in venues given in the respective call letters. No request for change of centre/venue/date/session for Examination shall be entertained.
- Company, however, reserves the right to cancel any of the Examination Centres and/ or add some other Centres, at its discretion, depending upon the response, administrative feasibility, etc.
NIACL AO Emoluments & Benefits
- Basic pay of Rs. 32,795/- in the scale of Rs. 32795-1610(14)-55335-1745(4)-62315 and other admissible allowance as applicable
- Total emoluments will be approximately Rs.51,000/- p.m. in Metropolitan Centers. Other benefits such as coverage under National Pension System governed by PFRDA, Gratuity, LTS, Medical Benefits, Group Personal Accident Insurance etc. shall be as per rules.
- The Officers are also entitled for Company / leased accommodation as per norms. The salary scales are due for revision w.e.f Aug 2017.
Application Fee (Non-Refundable)
- Payable online from 10th December 2018 to 26th December 2018 (both dates inclusive)
- SC/ST/PwBD - Rs.100/- (Intimation Charges Only)
- All candidates other than SC/ST/PwBD - Rs.600/- (Application fee including intimation charges)
- *The transaction charge, if applicable, is to be borne by the candidate. Fee/Intimation charges once paid will NOT be refunded on any account nor can it be held reserve for any other exam or selection.
NIACL AO Recruitment 2018 Application Procedure
- Candidates to go to the Recruitment Section of Company’s website https://newindia.co.in and click on the option "APPLY ONLINE" which will open a new screen.
- To register application, choose the tab "Click here for New Registration" and enter Name, Contact details and Email-id. A Provisional Registration Number and Password will be generated by the system and displayed on the screen. Candidate should note down the Provisional Registration Number and Password. An Email & SMS indicating the Provisional Registration number and Password will also be sent.
- In case the candidate is unable to complete the application form in one go, he / she can save the data already entered by choosing "SAVE AND NEXT" tab. Prior to submission of the online application candidates are advised to use the "SAVE AND NEXT" facility to verify the details in the online application form and modify the same if required.
- Visually Impaired candidates should fill the application form carefully and verify/ get the details verified to ensure that the same are correct prior to final submission
Payment of Fees
- The application form is integrated with the payment gateway and the payment process can be completed by following the instructions.
- The payment can be made by using Debit Cards (RuPay/Visa/MasterCard/Maestro), Credit Cards, Internet Banking, IMPS, Cash Cards/ Mobile Wallets.
- After submitting your payment information in the online application form, PLEASE WAIT FOR THE INTIMATION FROM THE SERVER. DO NOT PRESS BACK OR REFRESH BUTTON IN ORDER TO AVOID DOUBLE CHARGE
- On successful completion of the transaction, an e-Receipt will be generated.
- Non-generation of 'E-Receipt' indicates PAYMENT FAILURE. On failure of payment, Candidates are advised to login again using their Provisional Registration Number and Password and repeat the process of payment.
For Credit Card users
- All charges are listed in Indian Rupee. If you use a non-Indian credit card, your bank will convert to your local currency based on prevailing exchange rates. To ensure the security of your data, please close the browser window once your transaction is completed.
NIACL Admit Card 2018
- Candidates will have to visit our website https://newindia.co.in for downloading Admit card/ call letters for online tests (separately for Phase-I & II). Intimation for downloading call letter will also be sent through email/SMS.
New India Assurance Building, 87, M G Road, Fort, Mumbai, Website www.newindia.co.in