Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests a comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and technology.
Important books for GATE Preparation – GATE is conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Science and seven IITs (IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras and IIT Roorkee) on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India.
Check out – List of GATE Exam subjects for 2020
Tips for getting Good Scores in GATE Exams
Here we have a list of books for GATE preparation which can be useful for any of the candidate who is preparing for GATE exam. Just have a look at it:
For Mechanical Engineering:
- Mechanical Vibration by G.K Grover:
- The book contains details about fundamental of vibrations, Undamped free vibrations of single degree of freedom and damped free vibrations of single degree of freedom.
- Fluid Mechanics by R.K Bansal:
- The contents of the books are Properties of Fluids, Pressure and its measurement, hydrostatic forces on submerged surfaces, buoyancy and floatation, fluid kinematics, dimensional analysis, fluid dynamics, fluid flow measurement, flow through pipes, viscous flow, etc.
- Heat & Mass Transfer: PK Nag
- The book contains topics namely, basic concepts, conduction heat transfer at steady state, Transient heat conduction, and convection heat transfer: forced convection, heat transfer by natural convection, condensation and boiling, radiation and heat transfer, heat exchangers, some special heat transfer processes, mass transfer.
- Material Science by UC Jindal:
- The book contains topics like Simple stresses and strains, Elastic Constants, Principal stresses and strains, strain energy and impact loading , centre of gravity and moment of inertia, shear force and bending moment, bending stresses in beams, direct and bending stresses, dams and retaining walls, etc.
For Computer Science:
- Algorithms by Coremen:
- The contents of the book are Mathematical foundations, growth of functions, summations, recurrences, counting and probability, sorting and order statistics, heapsort, quicksort, median and order statistics, etc.
- Computer Networks by Tanenbaum:
- The book contains topics such as computer hardware and transmission systems, the domain name system, World Wide Web, etc.
- Database system by Korth:
- The book contains topics such as introduction, introduction to the relational model, introduction to SQL, intermediate SQL, Advanced SQL, Database design, Relational database design, etc.
For Electrical Engineering:
- Graph theory by Narsingh Deo:
- The book contains topics such as paths and circuits, trees and fundamental circuits, cut sets and cut vertices, planar and dual graphs, vector spaces of a graph, matrix representation of graphs, coloring, covering and partitioning, directed graphs, etc.
- Control system by Nagrath Gopal:
- The content of the book are Introduction, Mathematical models of physical systems, Feedback characteristics of control systems, control system and components, time response analysis, design specifications and performance indices, concepts of stability and algebraic criteria, etc.
- Power Electronics by UA Bakshi:
- The topics in the book area classification of amplifiers, block diagram, advantage and disadvantage of negative feedback, The four basic feedback topologies, gain with feedback, classification of oscillators, etc.
For Electronics Engineering:
- Graph theory by Narsingh Deo:
- The book contains topics such as paths and circuits, trees and fundamental circuits, cut sets and cut vertices, planar and dual graphs, vector spaces of a graph, matrix representation of graphs, coloring, covering and partitioning, directed graphs, etc
- Microelectronic circuits by Sedra and smith:
- The contents are devices and basic circuits, integrated circuit amplifiers, digital integrated circuits, filters and oscillators.
- Microprocessor and its applications by Goankar:
- The contents of the book are Microprocessor, microcomputers and assembly language, microprocessors, microprocessor architecture and microcomputer systems, 8085 microprocessor architecture and memory interfacing, interfacing I/O devices, etc .
- Digital logic and computer design by Mano:
- The contents are digital computers and digital system, binary numbers, number base conversions, octal and hexadecimal numbers, complements, Boolean algebra and logic gates, simplification of Boolean functions.
Apart from this, there are some other books that provide you previous year GATE Question Papers to give you a better understanding of the exam pattern of GATE.
- GATE Mechanical Engineering Solved Question Papers 2020 by Pearson:
- The book is divided into 8 units. Coverage is as per the syllabus of GATE and topics are handled in a comprehensive manner beginning from the basics and progressing in a step-by-step manner. The book covers Engineering Mechanics, Strength of Materials, Theory of Machine, vibrations and design, Fluid Mechanics, Heat Transfer, Thermodynamics, Manufacturing Technology and Industrial Engineering.
- GATE Electrical Engineering Solved Question papers 2020 by Arihant Publications:
- This book is a revised version for the current year examination It includes study material for General Aptitude and Engineering Mathematics. It includes solved papers of 2011-2019. It also contains 5 practice sets for giving a final touch to the preparation.
- GATE Civil Engineering Solved Question papers 2020 by Arihant Publications:
- This book is a revised version for the current year examination. . It includes solved papers of 2011-2019. It also contains 5 practice sets for giving a final touch to the preparation.
10 Steps for Success in GATE 2020 exam
GATE 2020 Preparation Tips and Reasons for failure
GATE 2020 Exam Schedule, GATE 2020 Dates
Latest GATE News updates, here