GATE 2021 is a Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is an all India examination administered and conducted jointly by the Indian Institute of Technology Roorkee and seven Indian Institutes of Technology on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India for admission to Master’s degree programmes in Engineering/Technology/Architecture as well as for Doctoral programmes in relevant branches of Science.
As you are aware the GATE 2021 Notificationis out. So, before you start the preparation of GATE Exam, there are 10 simple but important steps you have to follow.
What is new in GATE >> click here
1. Download the latest GATE Syllabus.Refer to syllabus and analyze the number of questions asked in each subject. As you may be aware all subjects don’t have equal marks. The Syllabus of GATE exam is available online for different streams.
Civil Engineering – CE
Computer Science & Information Technology – CS & IT
Electrical Engineering – EE
Electronics & Communication Engineering – ECE
Instrumentation Engineering – IN
Mechanical Engineering – ME
Chemical Engineering – CH
General Aptitude – GA (Common Syllabus for ALL Branches)
2. Collect the GATE study material.You can also visit this link to check online study material.
3. Collect GATE Previous Year Solved Question Papers(papers with answer keys would be good). Solved question papers can be ordered ONLINE here.
4. Make time table for GATE Preparation.Give out rational time for each subject and read it all, as there is huge to cover and it’s easy to ask few marks question from anywhere in a subject.
5. Prepare thoroughly by understanding the basics and fundamentals of the subject.
6. Review all the sections which you have done.Try to divide everything into three sections: easy, bit difficult and most difficult and then make a plan how much time you need to practice for each and every section, start with bit difficult part.
7. Do not waste time in difficult areas;practice those sections in which you are sure you will get better results.
8. Solve problems as maximum as possible.Find them out from text books, Guide books etc.
9. Try preparing notes after reading every chapter/topic.This may initially take some time but will help you while revising before exam.
10. Keep contact with some experts and GATE experienced persons and take their advice.
Everyone should know that practice is a key of success so keep practicing as much as you can!
GATE 2020 Exam Notification Dates >> Click here