Indian Navy Sailor Recruitment 2020 – Apply for 400 posts for Matric Recruits (Musician) October 2020 Batch
Indian Navy Sailors (MR) Recruitment 2020 – Indian Navy (Nausena Bharti) Online applications are invited from unmarried male candidates (who fulfill eligibility conditions as laid down by the Government of India) for enrolment as sailors for 400 vacancies (Approximately) for Matric Recruit (MR) – Oct 2020 batch
Eligible candidates can apply online from 23rd November to 28th November 2019. Other details, like educational qualification, age limit, fee, selection process, and how to apply are given below.
Important Dates for Indian Navy Sailors (MR) Recruitment 2020
- Application Form Start Date: 23rd November 2019
- Application Form Last Date: 28th November 2019
Name of Batch
- Matric Recruits (Musician) – Oct 2020 Batch
- Name of the Posts: Sailor
See: Fresher Jobs
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy Sailors (MR) Recruitment 2020
- Unmarried Male Indian citizens (A widower or a person who has divorced his wife shall not be treated as an unmarried male for the purpose of this regulation)
- Candidates must have passed Matriculation Examination from the Board of School Education recognized by MHRD, Govt. of India.
- Chef: They would be required to prepare food as per menu (both vegetarian and non-vegetarian including handling of meat products) and accounting of ration. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement.
- Steward: They would be required to serve food in the officers‟ messes, as waiters, housekeeping, accounting of funds, wine and stores, preparation of menu etc. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement
- Hygienist: They will be required to clean the washroom, shower spaces and other areas. In addition, they will also be allotted other duties as per Service requirement
- Candidates should have been born between 01st October 2000 to 30th September 2003 (Both dates inclusive)
Pay & Allowances
- During the initial training period, a stipend of Rs.14600/- per month will be admissible. On successful completion of initial training, they will be placed in Level 3 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs.21700- Rs.69,100)
- In addition, they will be paid MSP @ Rs.5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable)
- Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I, i.e. Level 8 of the Defence Pay Matrix (Rs.47,600 – Rs.1,51,100) plus MSP @ Rs.5200/- per month plus DA (as applicable). Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
- During the entire period of training and thereafter, sailors are given books, reading material, uniforms, food and accommodation as per entitlement
- Sailors are entitled to medical treatment, Leave Travel Concessions for self and dependents, Group Housing Benefits and other privileges. Sailors are also entitled to Annual and Casual Leave, Children Education and House Rent Allowances. Post-retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment
See: Recruitment Exams for Govt Jobs, Banking, PSUs, Defence
- Selection of recruits is based on State wise merit of their performance in Computer-based Examination, subject to qualifying Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in Medical Examinations.
- The question paper will be computer-based with a total of 50 questions, each carrying 01 marks. The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and objective type (multiple-choice).
- The question paper will comprise of two sections i.e. Science & Mathematics and General Knowledge. The standard of the question paper will be that of class 10th syllabus & sample papers for the exam are available on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
- Duration of examination will be 30 minutes.
- The candidates are required to pass in all sections and in aggregate. The Navy reserves the right to determine the pass marks in each Section and in aggregate.
Penalty for Wrong Answer
- Candidates should note that there will be a penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the question paper. There are four alternatives for the answer to every question
- For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one fourth (0.25) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
Physical Fitness Test (PFT)
- Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test (PFT) is mandatory for selection.
- PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
- Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
- Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum chest expansion of 5 cms. Details regarding minimum height standards for entry into the Indian Navy as Sailors, including applicable relaxations, can be accessed from the official recruitment website.
- The candidate must be in good physical and mental health, free from any defect likely to interfere with the efficient performance of duties both ashore and afloat under peace as well as war conditions as per Navy Order (Special) 01/2008. Extract of the Navy Order can be accessed from the official Indian Navy recruitment website.
- Candidates (except SC/ST candidates, who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs.205/- (Rupees Two hundred five only) through online mode by using net banking or by using Visa/ Master/ RuPay Credit/ Debit Card/ UPI
- Admit Card for the online exam will be issued to those candidates who have successfully submitted the application and examination fee or are entitled to waiver off examination fee.
- The applications are to be filled online only on website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in and all required documents in original are to be scanned and uploaded.
See: Indian Navy Entrance Exams
Indian Navy Sailors (MR) Recruitment 2020 Application Process
- For this entry, the candidates can apply online only on the official website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in from 23rd November to 28th November 2019
- Before filling online application, keep matric certificate & Mark sheet ready for reference.
- Register yourself on www.joinindiannavy.gov.in with your e-mail ID, if not registered already. The Applicants must ensure that while filling their Application Form, they are providing their valid and active email IDs and mobile numbers.
- “Log–in” with the registered email ID and Click on “Current Opportunities”
- Click on “Apply” (√) button.
- Fill up the Form completely. Before clicking the “Submit” button make sure all the details are correct, all required documents are scanned in original & uploaded.
- Admit Card will be generated for only those candidates who have submitted the online application and have made the payment of examination fee or are entitled to waiver off exam fee.
- Candidates, who have submitted the application on the last date of application submission, will get one additional day, to make payment of fees. Candidates who fail to make the payment even on the additional day will not be given further chance and hence their application will be cancelled.
- Photographs. THE PHOTOGRAPH TO BE UPLOADED SHOULD BE OF GOOD QUALITY WITH BLUE BACKGROUND.
- In case of any difficulty faced by potential candidates they may contact IHQ MoD (Navy) through website www.joinindiannavy.gov.in
See: Government Jobs