BBA, BBA Career Scope, Top Institutes and Job Prospects
BBA is the basic platform of someone who is serious of getting through to a good MBA programme. This Bachelor in Business Administration lays the bases of your management education. This course is of more importance to students from a non commerce as it brings them on terms with the basics in Business Administration.
Bachelor’s of Business Administration is a three year degree program. This degree aims at providing fundamental education in business and management principles. The course allows students to specialize in one of the multiple specialization areas, such as international business, finance, real estate, computer information systems, marketing or accounting. BBA programs can offer practical management training that can prepare students to successfully work within a large or small organization.
In order to pursue BBA the student must have passed Higher Secondary or equivalent education with a minimum of 40 per cent in the qualifying exam and English should be one of the subjects.
Applicants will need to have a high school diploma or equivalent and may need to successfully complete math and English assessment tests for admission in a college of repute. The following are the entrance tests that are conducted by some of the BBA institutes in India:
- Symbiosis Entrance Test (SET)
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University Common Entrance Test (GGSIPU CET)
- All India Management Association Undergraduate Aptitude Test (AIMA UGAT)
- Joint Management Entrance Test
- GITAM University Admission Test
Scope of BBA
A BBA gets you entry-level positions in many corporations and factories. You would do lot of backend work, and provide support services to your seniors. Exceptional candidates could expect to do some customer interface, though it is very rare. Also invariably, you would hit the glass ceiling very fast, and would require an MBA to move up the ladder.
Since the degree will equip a student of BBA with the basic knowledge about corporate management and skills it will help them understand the diverse functioning of a company. BBA graduates can look for jobs in sales and marketing department of companies as members of sales teams or as management trainees.
After completing a BBA, students should consider broadening their horizon in order to qualify for top executive positions and promotions. A Master of Business Administration (MBA) is a graduate-level degree that is often desired by employers for positions such as CEO or COO. Doctoral programs are also available in business administration, which can prepare business professionals for work as consultants, executives or university professors.
A Sales Executive, Research Assistant, Office Executive, Officer, Asst Manager, will be paid somewhere from Rs 7,000 to Rs 23,000/- depending on the size of the firm
Colleges offering BBA in India
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, Delhi
- Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar
- Barkatullah University, Bhopal
- University Of Lucknow, Lucknow
- Bharati Vidyapeeth Institute of Management and Research, Pune
- Bundelkhand University, Jhansi
- Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai
- Loyola College, Chennai
- ICFAI University, Dehradun
- SDM Institute of Management Development, Mysore
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Himalayan Institute of Technology and Management, Lucknow
- Netaji Subhash Institute of Management Sciences, Delhi
- Institute of Advance Management and Technology, Meerut
- School of Management Sciences, Varanasi
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- The MSHM School of Management, Kolkata
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- H. R. College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- ISBR Business School, Chennai
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communications, Pune
- B.P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology, Kolkata
- St. Andrews College of Arts, Science and Commerce, Mumbai
- Amity Global Business School, Mohali
- Amity Global Business School, Kolkata
- Amity Global Business School, Bangalore
- Amity Global Business School, Ahmedabad
- Amity Global Business School, Noida
- Institute of Business Management and Research (IBMR), Kolkata
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
Post your comments here