NIRF Ranking List 2020 – Check list of Top Educational Institute in India
The Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) released the National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) rankings list 2020 for Educational Institutions in India on Thursday i.e. June 11, 2020. The institution ranking is released for 10 categories – Overall, university, engineering, management, pharmacy, college, medical, law, architecture and dental
The annual rankings are usually announced in April but had to be postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
As per the NIRF Ranking List 2020 –
- IIT Madras, IISc Bangalore and IIT Delhi bagged the top three positions among educational institutions in the country. The top 10 higher education institutions in the country included seven Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs).
- The top three universities are IISc Bangalore, Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU) and Banaras Hindu University (BHU)
- Top 3 rank in B-Schools category, IIM Ahmedabad begged the top position followed by IIM Bangalore and Calcutta.
- Miranda House bagged the top rank among colleges, followed by Lady Sri Ram College for Women, Hindu College, and St Stephen’s College.
- The top three engineering colleges in the country are IIT Madras, IIT Delhi, and IIT Bombay.
- In the pharmacy category, the top institute is Jamia Hamdard in Delhi, followed by Panjab University, Chandigarh followed by The National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research, Mohali.
- AIIMS Delhi bagged the top spot, followed by PGI Chandigarh, and CMC Vellore in top medical colleges category
Also, see – Top Medical Colleges in India
Maulana Azad Institute of Dental Sciences, Manipal College of Dental Sciences, and DY Patil Vidyapeeth were ranked the top three dental colleges. The Dental colleges in the country were ranked for the first time by NIRF.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework evaluates institutions on five broad generic groups of parameters – Teaching, Learning, and Resources (TLR), Research and Professional Practice (RP), Graduation Outcomes (GO), Outreach and Inclusivity (OI) and Perception (PR). Ranks are assigned based on the total sum of marks assigned for each of these five broad groups of parameters.