1 – Institute Name address and Web address:
IIT-D (Indian Institute of Technology Delhi)
email : [email protected]
2. Year of estabilishment: 1961 (As a College of Engineering)
: 1963 (Renamed as IIT-Delhi)
3. Branch offered:
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering (Power)
- Engineering Physics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Production and Industrial Engineering
- Textile Technology
Dual Degree Programme [B.Tech. & M.Tech.]
IIT Delhi offers 5 years B.Tech and M.Tech dual degree in the following disciplines.
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. in Biochemical Engineering & Biotechnology
- B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering and M.Tech in Process Engineering & Design
- B.Tech. in Chemical Engineering and M.Tech in Computer Applications in Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech. and M.Tech. in Computer Science & Engineering
- B.Tech. in Electrical Engineering and M.Tech in Information & Communication Technology
4. Mode of admission: IIT-JEE (IIT Joint Entrance Examination)
5 – Institute Infra Structure: Conference rooms, computer services center (CSC), Central workshop, GC-MS system, ICPE ,spectroscopy, NMR, SEM(scanning electron microscope),Laboratories, Guest house & quarters, Library etc.
6. Faculty: Institute is having world class faculty including Professors, readers, lecturers,
etc. IIT-D is also having visiting faculties from well known institute and universities, faculty exchange program from other institute and universities.
7 – Institute Facilities:
Sports & games, Hostels(9-boys & 2-girls hostels), Transport, Health services, Banks & ATM , student activity center ,NCC,NSS,NSO,BSP(Board of student publication),TRYST(student technical festival) etc .
8- Placements: several national and MNC are visiting campus regularly. You can visit the institute website for detailed information or visit the IIT Delhi Placements