Class 12 Reading Comprehension Test 10 for CUET 2024 Aspirants
Read the passage given below.
- The present generation is well updated in the use of internet and computers. The rapid development in computer technology and increase in accessibility of the internet for academic purposes has changed the face of education for everyone associated with it. Let’s look at the data arising out of a recent survey that was done to ascertain the time spent on utilisation of the computer and internet:
- At present, many schools and universities have been implementing internet-based learning, as it supplements the conventional teaching methods. The internet provides a wide variety of references and information to academics as well as scientific researchers. Students often turn to it to do their academic assignments and projects.
- However, research on the Net is very different from traditional library research, and the differences can cause problems. The Net is a tremendous resource, but it must be used carefully and critically.
- According to a 2018 Academic Student e-book Experience Survey, conducted by LJ’s research department and sponsored by EBSCO, when reading for pleasure, almost 74% of respondents said they preferred print books for leisure whereas, 45 % of respondents chose e-books rather than the printed versions, for research or assignments.
- When asked what e-book features make them a favourite for research, the respondents were clear. Having page numbers to use in citations, topped the list (75%); followed by the ability to resize text to fit a device’s screen (67%); the ability to bookmark pages,
highlight text, or take notes for later reference (60%); downloading the entire e-book (57%); and allowing content to be transferred between devices (43%) were the varied responses.
On the basis of your understanding of the passage, answer ANY TEN questions from the eleven that follow.
Related – CUET English Reading Comprehension Test Links
CUET Languages MCQs
- English Comprehension Passage Tests for Practice
- English Grammar Determiners MCQs
- English Grammar Modals MCQs
- English Grammar Reported Speech MCQs
- English Grammar Subject Verb Agreement MCQs
- English Grammar Tenses MCQs