SSC Recruitment 2022 for Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department, Apply for 990 posts
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022 – Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct an open competitive examination for recruitment to the post of Scientific Assistant in India Meteorological Department (IMD), Group ‘B’ Non-Gazetted, Non-Ministerial post.
SSC Scientific Assistant Recruitment 2022
- Dates for submission of online applications 30-09-2022 to 18-10-2022
- Last date and time for receipt of online applications 18-10-2022 (23:00)
- Last date and time for generation of offline Challan 19-10-2022 (23:00)
- Last date and time for making online fee payment 20-10-2022 (23:00)
- Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank) 20-10-2022
- Date of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment. 25-10-2022 ( upto 23:00)
- Tentative Schedule of Computer Based Examination (CBE) December, 2022
Age limit (As on closing date 18-10-2022):
- Age limit: Not exceeding 30 years as on 18-10-2022. Candidate must have been born not earlier than 19-10-1992 and not later than 17-10-2004.
- Age relaxation as per government.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 18-10-2022):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science (with Physics as one of the subject)/Computer Science/Information Technology/Computer Applications OR
- Diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering from a recognized Institution/University or equivalent.
- NOTE-I: The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above should be in First Class (60% marks) or 6.75 CGPA on a 10 point scale.
- NOTE-II: The qualifying Degree or Diploma referred above must be of three (3) years duration after (10+2) examination.
- NOTE-III: The applicant must have passed 10+2 Examination from a Recognized Board or equivalent in Science with Physics and Mathematics as core subjects.
- The candidates who have appeared in their final year of their graduation can also apply.
- Applications must be submitted only in online mode at the website of SSC Headquarter i.e. https://ssc.nic.in
- In the online Application Form, candidates are required to upload the scanned colour passport size photograph in JPEG format (20 KB to 50 KB). The photograph should not be more than three months old from the date of publication of the Notice of Examination. Image dimension of the photograph should be about 3.5 cm (width) x 4.5 cm (height). The photograph should be without cap, spectacles and the frontal view of the face should be clearly visible.
- If the proper photograph is not uploaded by a candidate, his candidature will be cancelled. Specimens of photographs which are acceptable/ not acceptable is given at Annexure-V.
- Last date and time for submission of online applications is 18-10-2022 (23:00).
- General / OBC / EWS : 100/-
- SC / ST : 0/- (Nil)
- All Category Female : 0/- (Exempted)
- Mode of Payment : Through Debit Card, Credit Card, Net Banking or E Challan Offline Fee Mode Only
- The Commission will conduct a Computer Based Examination comprising 200 questions carrying 200 marks for two hours duration.
- The question paper would have two parts, Part-I and Part-II as detailed below:
|Papers||Subject||No. of Questions||Duration & Timings|
Computer based Examination
|(i) General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||120 Minutes
|(ii) Quantitative Aptitude||25|
|(iii) English language & Comprehension||25|
|(iv) General Awareness||25|
Computer based Examination
|Physics / Computer Science & Information Technology / Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering||100|
For details and apply please visit the official website