The preparation starts with self-analysis. While the opinion of your parents, teachers, friends and other social groups should stay at the back of your mind; it should not be the sole/dominant factor.
- Only You Can Ultimately Judge and Understand Yourself.
- Your parents mean the best for you and if you decide to follow their advice, there is nothing wrong in it.
- Do not later think that you were forced to take up something in which you were either not interested or felt in confident about.
- If that is how you feel, better is to listen to your parents and then get your own point of view across.
- The above exercise should be carried out with patience and care.
- You can take time in doing this, do not attempt to finish it in one sitting or hurriedly.
- You can keep revising your analysis, till you are fully satisfied.
- Prepare a summary in one page about yourself.
- For example, I am a young male/female of 17 yrs of age, with average looks and a sweet smile.
- Very confident, good in drawing, outgoing, have scored average marks during last three years but have very good scores in English and History.
- Play Table Tennis for my school team, love solving crossword puzzles.
- Have loving parents and I value their opinion.
- I want to study fine arts and also want to earn well by pursuing a smart career.
- I want to be in Aviation or Hotel industry.
- How to fund my education?
Now you have been able to arrive at some conclusions about yourself and a possible career choice.
Note : – You should broaden your choices and list at least three careers, which would excite you in the long term.
If you are able to take up a career of your choice, you would enjoy the same and chances of success will be very high. PLEASE START TODAY.
An Engineer,M.B.A with 34 yrs. of Managment Experience in the Industry. As a Top Management Professional,well versed with all the functional areas and the human dynamics. Passionate about management education and a satisfied customer of Life.
- Shortcuts do not lead to lasting Success – Shortcuts do not lead to lasting Success. There are no shortcuts to success by Arun Vedhera. Success is through a lifetime of dedication and consistent hard work
- Tips for Success in your Career – Tips for Success in your Career. Follow these tips and success is ensured in your career. Career Success Tips by Arun Vedhera
How to be Employable ? Do you have the qualities that Employers like to see in their team members. Check out this post to see if you are employable