IGNOU CIT BCA MCA Programs Admission 2020 July Session, Eligibility, Application, Dates
IGNOU announces admission to CIT/BCA/MCA Programs through distance learning for July 2020 Session
IGNOU CIT BCA MCA Admission July 2020 Notification - Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) invites applications for admission to the Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)/ Bachelor in Computer Application (BCA) and a Masters in Computer Applications (MCA) programs through distance learning for July 2020 session.
IGNOU also offers Admission for July 2020 Session in:
- Master Degree Program
- Bachelor Degree Programs
- PG Diploma/Diploma & PG Certificate/Certificate Programs
See: BCA Entrance Exams
1. Certificate in Information Technology (CIT)
- This program aims to introduce the concepts of Hardware, Software, Multimedia and Internet technologies. Also, included is a laboratory course where the student gets hands on experience.
- The following are the objectives of CIT: Impart the basics of Computer hardware and software; development of algorithms and flowcharts for problem solving; introduce programming concepts; introduce various aspects of Computer communication; introduce the concept of Networking; introduce the software concerns and software vulnerabilities; introduce social, legal and ethical aspects of IT; discuss the role of IT in various fields like: such as Business, Governance, Education and Medicine; introduce the concept of Information System; process of working with MS-Windows and Linux; development and execution of programs using C language; introduce word processing; creation of databases; create Web Pages
- Qualification: Passed 10th or SSC or BPP from IGNOU or DLC from Microsoft or equivalent
- Duration: 6 months minimum and 2 years’ maximum
- Course Fee: Rs.4000/-
2. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
- The basic objective of the program is to open a channel of admission for computing courses for students, who have done the 10+2 and are interested in taking computing/IT as a career
- After acquiring the Bachelor’s Degree (BCA) at IGNOU, there is further educational opportunity to go for an MCA at IGNOU or Master’s Program at any other University/Institute
- Also after completing BCA Program, a student should be able to get entry level job in the field of Information Technology or ITES
- Qualification: 10+2 or its equivalent
- Duration: 3 years minimum and 6 years’ maximum
- Course Fee: Rs.5100/-; for 1st Semester (Rs.100/- in addition to Rs.5000/- as Registration charges) and Rs.5000/- Per Semester for Second Semester Onwards
See: MCA Entrance Exams
3. Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- The broad objective of the MCA program is to prepare graduate students for productive careers in the software industry and academia by providing an outstanding environment for teaching and research in the core and emerging areas of the discipline
- The Programmer’s thrust is on giving the students a thorough and sound background in theoretical and application-oriented courses relevant to the latest computer software development
- The program emphasizes the application of software technology to solve mathematical, computing, communications/networking and commercial problems
- This Master’s Degree Program has been designed with a semester approach in mind
- The first year courses are aimed at skills development in computers using various technologies, the second year is more focused on core courses providing conceptual framework and the third year provides the specialization and the project work
- Qualification: Any Bachelor’s degree of minimum 3(three) year duration from a recognized University” AND “Mathematics as one of the subject at 10+2 level or graduation level; else the student is required to pursue and pass the BCS-012 course concurrently with IGNOU MCA
- If you had studied Maths at +2 or graduation level, then you need not register for BCS-012
- Duration: 3 years minimum and 6 years’ maximum
- Course Fees: Rs.9000/- per semester; for non-maths students, an additional fee of Rs.1200 has to be paid for BCS-012 course
- After getting registered for BCA 6th semester, university offers direct admission in MCA-IIIrd Semester (Integrated Program) for IGNOU Students only
For admission related information, contact Student Support Centre Ph.: 011-29572513, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
IGNOU CIT BCA MCA Admission July 2020 Application Process
- The Applicants can submit the forms through online mode only at www.ignou.ac.in or https://onlineadmission.ignou.ac.in/admission/
Steps for filling Online Application Form
- Download the Information Brochure July 2020 and read it carefully.
- Please ensure your eligibility for the program before filling the online application form
- Click on the button "REGISTER YOURSELF" that appears in the applicant login area and fill the required registration details.
- After filling the mandatory information, click the "SUBMIT" button.
- Your username will be instantly sent to you via email and SMS.
- If you have already registered i.e. you are an existing user, click the "LOGIN" button from the homepage of Online Entrance Test and then login with your Username and password by clicking the "LOGIN" button given on the login screen.
- Fill personal details, program details, qualification details and correspondence details.
- Upload Scanned Photograph (less than 100 KB) and Signature (less than 50 KB)
- Pay your Application Fee through debit/credit card (Master/Visa/Rupay) and Net banking:
- Once you have uploaded your photograph and signature, click the next button. You will get the Form preview option. Save/Print your form for future reference
Important Dates for IGNOU CIT BCA MCA Admission July 2020
- Last Date: last week of June 2020
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU)
(A Central University under Ministry of HRD, GOI), IGNOU, Regional Centre, SCO-208, Sector-14 Panchkula-134109 (Haryana), Phone: 0172-2590277-78, Email: email@example.com, Website www.ignou.ac.in
- IGNOU Exam Form - Online Submission Process
- IGNOU Registration Process for Online Admission 2020
- IGNOU Courses - List of IGNOU Online, Distance Learning Courses
- IGNOU Certificate Programs - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU Diploma Courses - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU MPhil Programs - Course Fee, Duration, Eligibility
- IGNOU MA MCA M.Com Admission - IGNOU Master’s Degree Courses
- Phd Admission Notification - PhD Entrance Exams
- IGNOU PhD Admission Notification
- IGNOU Courses
- MPhil Admissions 2020
- IGNOU Admission 2020
- IGNOU PhD Programs
- IGNOU Bachelor's Degree Admissions - Application, dates
- IGNOU MA Admission Fees - IGNOU Fees for Master degree Programs