RRB Recruitment 2018 for 62907 Group ‘D’ posts
RRB Group D Recruitment 2018 - for 62907 Posts
Government of India, Ministry of Railways, Railway Recruitment Boards has advertised a notification for the recruitment of 62907 Group ‘D’ vacancies in Level 1 of 7 CPC Pay Matrix
Eligible candidates can apply online from 10th February 2018 at 10.00 hrs to 12th March 2018 at 23:59 hrs. Other details like age, educational qualification, selection process, how to apply are given below.
Also See : RRB Group D Syllabus 2019
Important Dates RRB Group D 2018
Date of Publication: 10th February 2018
Starting Date for Apply Online: 10th February 2018 at 10.00 hrs
Last Date to Apply Online: 12th March 2018 at 23.59 hrs
Last Date for Fee Payment through Online: 12th March 2018 at 22.00 hrs
Last Date for Fee Payment through SBI Bank Challan (Offline): 12th March 2018 at 13.00 hrs
Last Date for Fee Payment through Post Office Challan (Offline): 10th March 2018 at 13.00 hrs
Tentative schedule for Computer Based Test (CBT): April and May 2018
RRB Group D Vacancy Details
- Name of the Posts: Group D
- Name of the RRB Regions:
- Total No. of Vacancies: 62907 Posts
- Ahmedabad (WR)- 6087
- Ajmer (NWR) - 4755
- Allahabad (NCR) - 4762
- Bangalore (SWR) - 2293
- Bhopal(WCR) - 3522
- Bhubaneshwar(ECOR) - 1532
- Bilaspur (SECR) - 1159
- Chandigarh (NR) - 7832
- Chennai (SR) - 2979
- Gorakhpur (NER) - 3388
- Guwahati (NFR) - 2577
- Kolkata(ER) - 2367
- Mumbai (CR) - 4625
- Patna (ECR) - 5981
- Ranchi (SER) - 2525
- Secunderabad (SCR) - 6523
- Grand Total - UR 31889, SC - 9453, ST - 506, OBC - 16502& Total -62907
- Educational Qualification
- Candidates should have the Educational/Technical qualifications indicated against the notified posts in the CEN from recognized Board/NCVT/SCVT as on the closing date for submission of the ONLINE application
- Refer to Annexure-A for the prescribed qualification against each of the posts
- Those awaiting results of the final examination of the prescribed educational/technical qualification SHOULD NOT apply. Diploma/Degree in Engineering will not be accepted in lieu of course completed Act Apprenticeship/ITI
- Also, Graduate Act Apprentice will not be accepted in lieu of Course Completed Act Apprenticeship
- Candidates age should be 18 to 31 years reckoned as on 01st July 2018
- Age relaxation is applicable upto 05 years for SC/ ST, 03 years for OBC and 10 years for PwD candidates admissible as per rules
- Rs.500/- for all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned below at Sl No 2 and Rs.250/- for Candidates belonging to SC/ST/Ex-Serviceman/PWDs/Female/Transgender / Minorities/Economically backward class(This fee of Rs.250/- shall be refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT)
Scale of Pay
- Level 01 of 7th CPC Pay Matrix with initial pay of Rs.18000/- plus other allowances admissible at that time
Also See : Fresher Jobs 2019
- There shall be a Computer Based Test (CBT). Candidates qualified in the CBT shall have to undergo Physical Efficiency Test (PET). Marks will be normalized in the CBT.
- Negative Marking: There shall be negative marking for incorrect answers in the CBT. 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question shall be deducted for wrong answer.
RRB Medical Standards for the Posts:
- Candidates called for DV will have to pass requisite medical fitness test(s) conducted by the Railway Administration to ensure that the candidates are medically fit to carry out the duties connected with the post(s) opted by them
- Visual Acuity Standard is one of the important criteria of medical fitness of railway staff. The medical requirements against different medical standards for different categories are outlined below
General Fitness (Physically fit in all respects):
- A-2: Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/9 without glasses (No fogging test) Near Vision: Sn. 0.6,0.6 without glasses and must pass tests for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic Vision etc
- B-1: Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D) Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Colour Vision, Binocular Vision, Night Vision, Mesopic Vision etc
- B-2: Distant Vision: 6/9, 6/12 with or without glasses (power of lenses not to exceed 4D). Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required and must pass test for Binocular Vision etc
- C-1: Distant Vision: 6/12, 6/18 with or without glasses. Near Vision: Sn. 0.6, 0.6 with or without glasses when reading or close work is required.
Exam Pattern & Syllabus
- Computer Based Test: All the eligible candidates have to undergo a Computer Based Test on the specified date, time and venue as per the e-call letter to be downloaded by the candidates from the websites of RRBs. The information about the e-call letter download shall be communicated through the websites as well as personal email communication to the candidates
- Total Duration: 90 Min
- No of Questions:100
- Minimum percentage of marks for eligibility in various categories: UR -40%, OBC-30%, SC-30%, ST30%
- These percentage of marks for eligibility may be relaxed by 2% for PWD candidates in case of shortage of PWD candidates against vacancies reserved for them
- Question Type and Syllabus: The Questions will be of objective type with multiple choices and are likely to include questions pertaining to:
- Mathematics: Number system, BODMAS, Decimals, Fractions, LCM, HCF, Ratio and Proportion, Percentages, Mensuration, Time and Work; Time and Distance, Simple and Compound Interest, Profit and Loss, Algebra, Geometry and Trigonometry, Elementary Statistics, Square root, Age Calculations, Calendar & Clock, Pipes & Cistern etc.
- General Intelligence and reasoning: Analogies, Alphabetical and Number Series, Coding and Decoding, Mathematical operations, Relationships, Syllogism, Jumbling, Venn Diagram, Data Interpretation and Sufficiency, Conclusions and Decision making, Similarities and Differences, Analytical Reasoning, Classification, Directions, Statement – Arguments and Assumptions etc.
- General Science: The syllabus under this shall cover Physics, Chemistry and Life Sciences of 10 standard level. d. General Awareness on current affairs in Science & Technology, Sports, Culture, Personalities,Economics, Politics and any other subjects of importance
- Applicants required to pay of Rs.250/- for Candidates belonging to SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PWDs/ Female/ Transgender/ Minorities/ Economically backward class (refunded duly deducting bank charges, on appearing in CBT), Rs.500/- for all candidates except the fee concession categories mentioned above, this payment will be done Online/ Off-Line
- By Online: Applicants required to pay the fee through Online by using internet banking or debit/ credit cards upto 12th March 2018 till 22.00 Hrs.
- By Off-Line: Applicants required to pay the fee through Off-line by using SBI Bank Challan Payment mode closes on 12th March 2018 at 13.00 Hrs in any branch of SBI/ Post Office Challan Payment mode closes on 10th March 2018 at 13.00 Hrs in any branch of computerized Post Office
Eligible candidates can apply online through website www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in from 10th February 2018 at 10.00 hrs to 12th March 2018 at 23:59 hrs.
Instructions to Apply Online:
- Before applying online candidates should have valid email id and Contact No.
- Candidates are neatly scanned the photograph, Signature & relevant documents at the time of apply online.
- Log on to the website www.rrbahmedabad.gov.in
- Click on “Click here to Apply for CEN 02/ 2018”
- Click on New Registration & Get the OTP to activate Registration No.
- After Registration & Enter the Login Details.
- Fill all the all fields in the application form & Save.
- Take print out of application form for future use.
Official Website : Indian Railways