An overview of some of the most important things you need to remember while applying for the AICTE Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) 2015, scheduled on Feb 23 to Feb 24 next year. (Republished December 7, 2014)
The All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) has been organizing the National Level GPAT (Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test) in order to select deserving candidates for admission into M.Pharm programmes in Pharmaceutical Sciences. Earlier Admission to M.Pharma Courses were done on the basis of GATE Exam Ranking
The Next edition of the test, according to AICTE, will be held on 23rd and 24 th February 2015 in 58 cities across India. The council has also confirmed that GPAT 2015 will be entirely computer-based.
Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Pharmacy (4 yrs after +2 including lateral entry applicant) will be considered eligible for appearing in GPAT 2015. Apart from them, candidates who are currently in their last year of B.Pharma, can also apply. For further information on eligibility criteria, the applicant can visit the official GPAT site
GPAT 2015 online registration
- All applicants are mandatory required to register online by visiting the official GPAT site
- Applicants must keep their qualification details, scanned images of signature and, photo, before starting with the online registration.
- Applicants must produce a valid phone number and email id.
- All future communication will be conducted through this email id only.
- Applicants must have a net banking account or a valid Debit/Credit card in the event they want to pay online
- The computer used for registration must be connected to a printer so the applicant can print three copies of challan in the event he or she wishes to pay by cash and credit/debit card
There are two modes of making payments:
Mode 1: Payment through Net banking or Debit/Credit card (through a secure e-gateway)
Mode 2: Payment using SBI challan
The exam fee for General and OBC applicant is INR 1400/ (bank surcharges extra), while that for SC and ST applicants stand at INR 700/ (bank surcharges extra).
Also See :