What are the Changes in the Pattern of UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam?
Candidates who wish to apply for Indian Forests Service Exam are required to appear in the civil services (preliminary) Examination and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian forests services main examination ( written and Interview).
New Pattern of UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam is discussed below:
The Indian Forest Service Exam will consist of two following stages:
1. Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (Objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam
Exam pattern – The Exam shall comprise of two compulsory Papers of 200 marks each. Each paper will be of two hours duration
2. Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam (Written and Interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
Exam pattern – The written examination consisting of the following papers:
- Paper I- General English 300 Marks
- Paper II-General Knowledge 300 Marks
- Papers III, IV, V and VI.-Any two subjects to be selected from the list of the optional subjects
Interview for Personality Test:
Maximum Marks: 300
List of optional subjects:
Agriculture, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Forestry, Geology, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Statistics, Zoology
However, there will be no change in the eligibility of the candidates in the Indian Forest Service Examination.
Applications are now invited for the Preliminary Examination only.
Candidates who will be declared by the Commission to have qualified for admission to the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will have to apply again, in the Online Detailed Application Form which would be made available on the Website of the Commission after declaration of Results of Preliminary Examination.
The Main Exam is likely to be held in September/October, 2013