UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2022 Registration Started, Apply now
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam 2022 – The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the application forms for Indian Forest Service (IFS) Exam 2022 for Recruitment toIFS Officers. The number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is expected to be approximately 151.
Interested and eligible candidates can apply online till 22nd February 2022.
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Dates 2022
- Start Date to Apply Online: 02nd February 2022
- Last Date to Apply Online: 22nd February 2022 at 06:00 PM
- Date of Admit Card: June 2022
- Date of Exam (Prelims): 05th June 2022
- Pre Exam Announcement Result: June 2022
- IFS Main Exam Date: 20th November 2022
- Mains Exam Result: To be Updated
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Eligibility Criteria 2022
- A candidate must either be:
- a citizen of India, or
- a subject of Nepal, or
- a subject of Bhutan, or
- a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or;
- a person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India
- A candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification
- The age limit for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2022 is given below. The age limit of the candidates should be between 21 to 32 years as on 01/08/2022.
- Candidates must have been born not earlier than 02/08/1990 and not later than 01/08/2001.
- Relaxation in the upper age limit for different categories such as SC, ST, OBC, PWD is as under.
- Schedule Caste/Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST) – 05 years
- Other Backward Classes (OBC) – 03 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) – 10 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + OBC – 13 years
- Persons with Disabilities (PwD) + SC / ST – 15 years
Number of Attempts
- The maximum number of attempts restricted for candidates are as follows:
- General Candidates: 06 attempts
- SC/ST Candidates: No restriction
- Other Backward Classes: 09 attempts
- Physically handicapped: 09 attempts for general and OBC, while unlimited for SC/ST
UPSC Indian Forest Service Exam Application Process 2022
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam.
- Candidates can apply Online by visiting the official UPSC website upsconline.nic.in.
- The online application form contains two-stage viz. Part I & Part II and Candidates are required to complete both parts.
- Register using a valid and active Email Id for registration.
- The Online Applications (Part I and II) can be filled up to 22nd Feb 2022 till 6:00 PM.
- Candidates should upload the required documents in the prescribed format.
- Photo ID viz. Aadhar Card / Voter Card / PAN Card / Passport / Driving License / School Photo ID / Any other photo ID Card issued by the State / Central Government.
- Candidates must pay the application fee.
- Submit the application and take a printout of the finally submitted application.
- For General/OBC Category Application Fee: Rs.100/-.
- For SC/ ST/ Ex-Serviceman/ PwD/ Female Category Application Fee: Nil.
- Selection procedure of Indian Forest Service Exam 2022 will be done in three stages – Preliminary Exam (MCQ type), Mains Exam (descriptive type) and Personal Interview.
- Qualified candidates of preliminary examination will be called for the Mains Exam followed by a personal interview for final selection.
- Candidates applying for Indian Forest Service Exam are required to appear in the Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2022 and qualify the same for going to the second stage of Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam 2022 (Written and Interview).
|Paper||Total Ques.||Marks||Time Duration|
|Paper 1 General Studies||100||200||2 Hours|
|Paper 2: GS (CSAT)||80||200||2 Hours|
|No. of Paper||6|
- The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admit Card three weeks before the commencement of the examination
- The e-Admit Card will be made available on the UPSC website [https://upsconline.nic.in ] for downloading by candidates. No Admit Card will be sent by post.
For more details and to apply online, please visit the official website