UPSC IFS Exam 2018 Notification, Dates, Eligibility, Application
UPSC Indian Forest Service Examination 2018 Notification
UPSC IFS Exam 2018 - Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will be going to organize IFS 2018 (Indian Forest Service) Exam to recruit candidates for the post of Indian Forest Services Officer.
The Commission will conduct the exam in two major phases namely Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main). After qualifying the Civil Services Examination (Preliminary), candidates will be allowed to appear in Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination.
Also See : UPSC Exams
UPSC IFS 2018 Exam
- The UPSC will hold a Screening Test for selection to Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam 2018 through Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam 2018 which will be held on 03rd June 2018, in accordance with the Rules published by the Ministry of Environment, Forests and Climate Change in the Gazette of India dated the 07th February 2018.
- It is announced officially that the UPSC IFS 2018 application form will release on 07th February 2018. Interested and eligible candidates can get all latest updates on Indian Forest Service exam 2018 such as eligibility, application process, admit card, selection etc from the given post.
Important Dates for UPSC IFS 2018
Availability of IFS 2018 Application Form: 07th February 2018
Last Date for Submission of the Application Form: 06th March 2018
Date of (Pre) Examination: 03rd June 2018
Date of (Mains) Examination: 02nd December 2018
Exam Centres for UPSC IFS 2018
- Preliminary Exam Centre: The Preliminary Exam will be held at the following Centers - Agartala, Gaya, Navi Mumbai, Agra, Ghaziabad, Panaji (Goa), Ajmer, Gorakhpur, Patna, Ahmedabad, Gurgaon, Portblair, Aizawl, Gwalior, Puducherry, Aligarh, Hyderabad, Pune, Allahabad, Imphal, Raipur, Ananthapuru, Indore, Rajkot, Aurangabad, Itanagar, Ranchi, Bengaluru, Jabalpur, Sambalpur, Bareilly, Jaipur, Shillong, Bhopal, Jammu, Shimla, Bilaspur, Jodhpur, Siliguri, Chandigarh, Jorhat, Srinagar, Chennai, Kochi, Thane, Coimbatore, Kohima, Thiruvananthapuram, Cuttack, Kolkatta, Tiruchirapalli, Dehradun, Kozhikode (Calicut), Tirupati, Delhi, Lucknow, Udaipur, Dharwar, Ludhiana, Varanasi, Dispur, Madurai, Vellore, Faridabad, Mumbai, Vijayawada, Gangtok, Mysuru, Vishakhapatnam, Gautam, Buddh Nagar and Nagpur Warangal City.
- Main Exam Centre: The Main Exam will be held on the following Centres - Bhopal, Chennai, Delhi, Dispur (Guwahati), Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Nagpur, Port Blair and Shimla.
The Indian Forest Service Exam will consist of two successive stages:
- Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam (objective type) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination; and
- Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam (written and interview) for the selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
- The main examination is likely to be held in December 2018
Vacancy Details & Reservation
- The No. of vacancies to be filled on the results of the exam is expected to be approximately 110.
- Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC/PH categories in respect of vacancies as may be fixed by the Govt.
UPSC IFS Exam 2018 Eligibility Conditions
- A candidate must be either: (a) a citizen of India, or (b) a subject of Nepal, or (c) a subject of Bhutan, or (d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 01st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or; (e) A person of Indian origin (PIO) who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India
- Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Govt. of India.
IIFS Exam 2018 Age Limits
- A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on 01st August 2018 (he must have been born not earlier than 02nd August 1986 and not later than 01st August 1997)
- The Upper Age Limit prescribed above will be relaxable:
- Upto a maximum of 5-years if a candidate belongs to a SC/ST
- Upto a maximum of 3-years in the case of candidates belonging to OBC
- Up to a maximum of 5-years if a candidate had ordinarily been domiciled in the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period from 01st August 2018
- Up to a maximum of 3-years in the case of Defence Services personnel disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area
- Up to a maximum of 5-years in the case of ex‐servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years Military Service as on 01st August 2018
- Up to a maximum of 10 years in the case of Low Vision and Hearing Impaired Persons
Minimum Educational Qualifications:
- Candidate must hold a bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering of any of universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a university u/s 3 of the UGC Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.
- Candidates who have appeared at an exam the passing of which would render them educationally qualified for the commission’s examination but have not been informed of the results as also the candidates who intend to appear at such a qualifying exam will also be eligible for admission to the Preliminary Examination.
- All candidates who are declared qualified by the Commission for taking the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination with their application for the Main Examination failing which such candidates will not be admitted to the Indian Forest Service Main Examination.
- The applications for the Main Exam will be called sometime in the month of July /August 2018 through online mode
Number of Attempts:
- Every candidate appearing at the examination, who is otherwise eligible, shall be permitted four attempts at the exam.
- Provided that this restriction on the number of attempts will not apply in the case of SC/ST candidates who are otherwise eligible
- Provided further that the number of attempts permissible to candidates belonging to OBC, who are otherwise eligible, shall be nine
- Provided further that a physically handicapped will get as many attempts as are available to other non-physically handicapped candidates of his or her community, subject to the condition that a physically handicapped candidate belonging to the general category shall be eligible for nine attempts
- Candidates must be physically fit according to physical standards for admission to Indian Forest Service Exam 2018 as per regulations given in Appendix-III of the rules for the Indian Forest Service Examination 2018 published in Gazette of India dated 07th February 2018
The UPSC IFS exam will be held in two stages i.e. Civil Services Examination (Preliminary) and Indian Forest Service Examination (Main). The examination scheme for both the exams is given below:
For Preliminary Exam:
- Number of Papers - Two
- Total Marks - 200 marks for each paper
- Type of questions - Objective type
- Language - English and Hindi
- Duration of Exam - 2 hours
- Negative marking - 1/3 marks for each incorrect response
Examination Scheme for Main Exam
- No of Papers - Six
- Language - English only
- Total marks - 300
- Applicants who have completed the registration process successfully will be issued admit card online through official website www.upsconline.nic.in.
- Candidates will be able to obtain their admit card before three weeks of the commencement of the preliminary exam or; applicants are advised to bring their admit card while appearing in the exam center at the time of exam.
- Candidates applying (excepting Female/SC/ST/PH candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam are required to pay a fee of Rs.100/- either by depositing the money in any branch of SBI by Cash, or by using Net-Banking facility of SBI, State Bank of Bikaner and Jaipur/State Bank of Hyderabad/State Bank of Mysore/State Bank of Patiala/State Bank of Travancore or by using Visa/Master Credit and Debit Card.
- Applicants who opt for "Pay by Cash" mode should print the system generated Pay-in-slip during part II registration and deposit the fee at the counter of SBI Branch on the next working day only.
- Pay by Cash mode will be deactivated at 23.59 hours of 05th March 2018 i.e. one day before the closing date; however, applicants who have generated their Pay-in-Slip before it is deactivated may pay at the counter of SBI Branch during banking hours on the closing date.
UPSC IFS Exam 2018 - Application Form - How to Apply
- Candidates are required to apply online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in for Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam, which will act as a screening mechanism for selection of candidates for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Exam 2018
- Candidates who wish to apply for Civil Services Examination also, [subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions] have to apply once by appropriately indicating in the online application form that they intend to appear for both the Indian Forest Service Exam and the Civil Services Examination.
- Candidates, who will qualify for the Indian Forest Service (Main) Examination, will have to fill in a Detailed Application Form subsequently as per further instructions to be provided to the candidates through the website www.upsconline.nic.in of the Commission.
- Applicants are advised to submit only single application, however, if due to any unavoidable situation, if he/she submits another/multiple applications, then he/she must ensure that application with the higher RID is complete in all respects like applicant’s details, exam centre, photograph, signature, fee etc.