The full form of UGC is University Grants Commission. It is a statutory body that falls under the Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India. It came into existence in 1953. It is responsible for implementing rules and regulations of the recognised Universities under the body. The current Chairman of UGC is DP Singh. Its headquarter is in New Delhi and has six regional centres situated in Bangalore, Bhopal, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Pune and Guwahati. It is also responsible for conducting various exams such as NET in order to recruit for posts such as Assistant Professors.
Full Form Related Links
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 18, 2021
- MHT CET 2021 exams scheduled on October 3 postponed, Check now
- KEAM Result 2021 Announced, Check KEAM Scores
- IIHMR University PG Diploma Admission 2021 Eligibility, Dates, Application Form
- Admission and Entrance Exam Notification Sept. 17, 2021
- CAT 2021 Registration deadline extended, Check New Date
- AFCAT (2) 2021 Results declared, steps to check
- AWMI Full Form, What is the Full form of AWMI?