Karnataka PGCET Exam Syllabus for Instrumentation Technology
Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
(PGCET) for admission to M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch course in Karnataka
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangma”‘ Machhe, Belgaum 590 014
PART – B
1. Measurement Basics and Metrology: Static and dynamic characteristics of measurement systems. Standards and calibration. Error and uncertainty analysis, statistical analysis of data and curve fitting. Linear and angular measurements; Measurement of straightness, flatness, roundness and roughness.
2. Transducers, Mechanical Measurements and industrial instrumentation: Transducers–elastics, resistive, inductive, capacitive, thermo-electric, piezoelectric, photoelectric, electro-mechanical, electro-chemical, and ultrasonic. Measurement of displacement, velocity (linear and rotational), acceleration, shock, vibration, force, torque, power, strain, stress, pressure, flow, temperature, humidity, viscosity and density, energy storing elements, suspension systems and dampers.
3. Advanced control Systems: Describing function analysis. Introduction to Z Transforms, digital controllers, Design and implementation. Optimal and adaptive control system.
4. Computers in process Control : Process definition feedback control, P/D control, multivariable control, feed forward control, real time programming modeling and simulation from plant automation, industrial control applications, Programmable controllers, Design of sampled data control systems.
5. Analytical, Optical and Biomedical Instrumentation: Principles of spectrometry, UV, visible, IR mass spectrometry, X-ray methods; Nuclear radiation measurements, gas, solid and semi conductor lasers and their characteristics, interferometers, basics of fibre optics, transducers in biomedical applications cardiovascular system measurements, instrumentation for clinical laboratory.
6. Signals and Systems, DSP :Types of Signals and systems, properties of systems, concolution, correlation, Fourier series and transforms (Discrete Time), Z-transform, DFT and FFT, windowing techniques, analog and digital filter design, IIR, FIR filter design, finite word length effect.
Also Check out >> KARNATAKA PGCET COMMON ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS