Karnataka PGCET Exam Syllabus for Electrical Sciences
Post Graduate Common Entrance Test
(PGCET) for admission to M.E/M.Tech/M.Arch course in Karnataka
Visvesvaraya Technological University
“Jnana Sangma”‘ Machhe, Belgaum 590 014
BIO MEDICAL ENGINEERING & MEDICAL ELECTRONICS
1. Bio-Medical Instrumentation: Biomedical transducers & electrodes, Sources of bio-electric potentials, bio-signals:- ECG, EEG, EMG, Defibrillators, Cardiac pacemakers, Implantable pace makers, Respitory measurements & aids, Blood flow meters, Audiometers.
2. Principals Of Medical Imaging: X-ray – methods of Generation, detection Biological effects, Image characteristics. Ultrasound – Generation, detection, diagnostic methods, Image characteristics, Biological Effects. Radionuclide Imaging:- Diagnostic methods, Imaging methods, Characteristics Biological effects. MRI:- Generation, detection of NMR signal, Imaging methods, NMR spectroscopy, Characteristics, Biological effects.
3. Signals & Systems, DSP: Types of Signals and Systems, Properties of Systems, Convolution, Correlation, Fourier series and transforms (Discrete Time), Z-transform, DFT and FFT, windowing techniques, analog and digital filter design, IIR, FIR filter Design, finite word length effect.
4. Bio-Medical Signal Processing: Digital filters, IIR filters – Smoothing, notch, Derivatives, Sampling, Integer Filters, Data Reduction techniques, Signal averaging, Frequency domain techniques- Fourier transform, Correlation, Convolution power spectrum estimation, ECG QRS detection,- power spectrum of ECG, BP filtering techniques, Different template matching, QRS detection algorithm.
5. Image Processing: Sampling, Quantization, some basic transformations, Properties of 2D Fourier transform, FFT, separable Image transforms, enhancement in frequency domain, Color Image processing, Masking from frequency domain specification:- errors free Compression, Lossy Compression, Image Compression standards, edge linking & boundary detection, Thresholding, Region oriented segmentation.
Also Check out >> KARNATAKA PGCET COMMON ENTRANCE EXAM SYLLABUS