Syllabus IBPS Clerk Exam 2021
IBPS Clerk Exam Syllabus 2021 – The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) is an autonomous body set up to evolve and implement world class processes of assessment and selection of personnel for various client organizations. Every year IBPS conducts the recruitment drive for Bank Clerk Post in the nationalized banks or PSB’s of India.
IBPS Clerk exam will be conducted in two tiers i.e. Online Preliminary and Online Main Exam. Candidates are required to qualify both these exams to get selected for the post of clerical cadre
To crack IBPS Clerk exam, it is very important for all candidates to be well aware of the Syllabus. To ease out the candidates’ preparation, we have tried to provide you detailed information about the syllabus of IBPS Clerk Exam through this post.
IBPS Clerk 2021 Syllabus
The major three sections of the preliminary examination are Reasoning, English Language and Numerical Ability. Each of these sections has multiple subheadings to focus on while preparing for IBPS Clerk Exam.
The syllabus of Numerical Ability / Quantitative Aptitude and English Language for Preliminary and Main exam is same. In addition main exam has other subjects are General / Financial Awareness and Reasoning & Computer Knowledge. The General Awareness is based on the Banking Sector awareness.
IBPS Clerk Syllabus for English Language
- Vocabulary: Homonyms, Antonyms, Synonyms, Word Formation, Spelling
- Grammar: Spotting Errors, Phrases and idioms, Direct and Indirect speech, Active/ Passive voice
- Reading Comprehension: Theme Detection, Passage completion, Topic rearrangement of passage, Deriving Conclusion
IBPS Clerk Syllabus for Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning: Analogy, Classification, Word formation, Statement and conclusions Syllogism, Statement and assumptions, Statement and arguments, Coding Decoding, Blood Relations, Passage and conclusions, Alphabet test, Series Test, Number, Ranking and time sequence, Direction sense Test, Decision making test, Figure series, Input/output, Assertion and reasoning, Sitting Arrangement
- Non-Verbal Reasoning: Series test, Odd figure Out, Analogy, Miscellaneous Test
IBPS Clerk Syllabus for Quantitative Aptitude
- Ratio and proportion, Averages, Time and work, Speed, Distance and time, Mixture and allegation Stocks and shares, Percentages, Partnership, Clocks, Volume and surface Area, Bar & Graphs, Line charts, Tables, Height and Distances, Logarithms, Permutation and combinations, Simple and compound interest, Equations, Probability, Trigonometry, Profit, Loss and Discount, Mensuration, Elements of Algebra, Data Interpretation, Pie charts
IBPS Clerk Syllabus for Computer Knowledge
- Basics of Hardware and software, Windows operating system basics, Internet terms and services, Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, History of computers, Networking and communication, Database basics, Basics of Hacking, Security Tools and Viruses
IBPS Clerk Syllabus: General /Financial Awareness
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of last 6 months, Overview of Indian Financial System, History of Indian banking system, Recent credit and monetary policies, Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC etc and of International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN etc, Abbreviations and Economic terminologies, Banking Terms, Important Government Schemes on capital & money market.