KEA Postpones Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2021 due to COVID-19 Pandemic
Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA) has taken a decision to postpone the Karnataka Common Entrance Test (KCET) 2021in view of rising Covid-19 cases across the country also due to the postponement of Class XII final exams. As per the notification the KCET 2021 will now be held in August this year,
The minister Ashwathnarayan CN announced on Twitter that the exam will now be held on August 28 and 29 and the Kannada language examination will be conducted on August 30, 2021.
Earlier, the exam was scheduled to take place on July 7 and 8 and the Kannada language test was scheduled to be held on July 9. Now, according to a new timetable released by Karnataka Examinations Authority (KEA), the exams for KCET 2021 will be held in two shifts.
Revised Schedule for KCET 2021
- Biology: August 28, 2021 (10.30 am and11.50 am.)
- Mathematics: August 28, 2021 (2.30 pm and 3.50 pm.)
- Physics: August 29, 2021 (10.30 am and 11.50 am.)
- Chemistry: August 29, 2021 (2.30 pm and3.50 pm.)
- Kannada language test will be conducted for Horanadu and Gadinadu candidates on: April 30, 2021 (11.30 am and 12.30 pm.)
KCET exams for admission to professional courses such as undergraduate Engineering, Technology, Yoga and Naturopathy Farm science, and Pharma courses in the state’s institutes. Through KCET exams, eligible candidates can take admission in any of the 213 colleges that come under its banner.