Exam Schedule for JEE Main 2020 released
The National Testing Agency has released the schedule for the JEE Main 2020 exam which is scheduled to be held from September 1 to 6, 2020. As per the schedule, the B.Arch. and B.Planning Paper will be held on September 1, 2020 and B.Tech./B.E will be held from September 2 to 6, 2020. The Admit card for the same has already released the agency.
NTA will be conducting the Joint Entrance Examination (Main) 2020 in Computer Based Test (CBT) except that the questions for Drawing Test of B.Arch. will be held in “Pen & Paper” (offline) mode. The examination will be conducted at 605 Centres for B.Tech./B.E. and 489 Centres for B.Arch. and B.Planning located in 232 cities throughout the country and abroad. A total of 858,273 candidates have register to appear for JEE Main 2020.
Candidates will be permitted to carry only certain items with them into the venue:
- Exam related documents (Admit Card, ID card, etc. Please refer Admit Card for more details)
- A simple transparent Ball Point Pen
- Additional photograph, to be pasted on attendance sheet
- Personal hand sanitizer (50 ml)
- Personal transparent water bottle
In case of candidate with scribe, both the candidate and the scribe must bring their own mask.
NTA has also released the important instruction for the candidates for the exam day.
Important Instruction for Candidates
At time of Entry
- Candidates need to maintain a space of at least 6 feet from each other at all the time. Queue manager/ropes and Floor Marks will be arranged outside the centre, follow the instructions provided by centre staff.
- Lab number will not be displayed outside the centre to avoid any crowding at any one place in any situation.
- Candidates will be required to sanitize hands by washing with soap and with Hand Sanitizer before entry in centre. Hand sanitizer will be available at various locations in the centre.
- Candidate should bring duly filled in Admit card as per instructions.
- Candidate will be offered a fresh 3 Ply mask before entry. In order to stop chances of any UFM being used in the examination, the candidate is expected to wear the freshly provided mask at the centre. The candidate will be required to remove the mask worn by him/ her from home, and use the mask provided at centre only.
- Candidate should bring Identity Proof and other documents ad advised.
- Do not bring prohibited items to exam centre as there are no arrangements available for safe keeping your belongings.
- At time of entry, the filled in Undertaking on Admit Card, and body temperature (using Thermo Guns) will be checked and centre staff will guide you to respective labs after scanning bar code at Admit Card. Candidates are required to strictly adhere to instructions provided by centre staff.
- Please observe that no-one will be denied permission to appear for examination, until he/ she violates the covid19 directives/advisories of Government (Central/State) applicable on the day of exam and instructions mentioned in the Admit Card.
- Five A4 size sheets will be kept at each candidate’s desk for use by candidate for Rough work. If additional sheets are required for rough work by the candidate, the same shall be made available on demand.
- Before each shift starts (and after last shift of the candidate) Seating Area will be thoroughly sanitized – monitor keyboard, mouse, webcam, desk and the chair. Candidates can further sanitize the same with sanitizers that will be made available in the examination lab/room/hall.
- Candidates are required to paste passport size photograph and sign on the Attendance sheet after sanitizing hands with sanitizer
- On completion of a shift, the candidates will be permitted to move out in an orderly manner one candidate at a time. Please wait for instructions from invigilator and do not get up from your seat until advised.
- Candidate must drop the Admit Card and Rough Sheets in the advised boxes after displaying to the staff available next to drop box. If any candidate misses to drop Admit Card or Rough Sheets in boxes, action (which also includes disqualification from the exam) can be taken against him.
For safety purposes, NTA strongly advises candidates not to bring anything other than permitted items. However, in case of unavoidable situation, there will be arrangement to store the bags at centres at owner’s risk.