The notification for Junior Research Fellowship, popularly known as JRF Fellowship has been released by the Indian Council for Medical Research (ICMR). The applicants would be able to apply for this exam from April 27, 2020 onwards. The last date to apply is May 27, 2020. In order to fill this form, the eligible candidates are required to visit the official website of ICMR which is www.icmr.nic.in in order to fill the form. The exam is slated to take place on July 12, 2020.
The ICMR conducts this prestigious exam every year in collaboration with Chandigarh’s Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research (PGIMER). The candidates can also apply at the PGIMER’s official website which is www.pgimer.edu.in. The officials of ICMR will activate the direct link of the JRF exam once it is made available on the above mentioned website.
Instructions to fill the form of ICMR JRF 2020
- Step 1: Visit the official website of ICMR which is as given above.
- Step 2: On the homepage, visit the Admission section or check the ‘Latest News Section.’
- Step 3: Visit the link that states ‘JRF application form 2020.’
- Step 4: Register your profile by filling all the details correctly. Follow the given instructions.
- Step 5: Fill the details as given. Submit this form.
- Step 6: Download the copy of this application form in order to refer to it in future.
The fees for this exam is Rs 1500. Those belonging to SC or ST category need to pay Rs 1200. For those candidates belonging to the PwD category, there are no fees. Apart from Chandigarh, the exam will be conducted in cities such as Varanasi, Hyderabad, Srinagar, New Delhi (NCR), Hyderabad, Bhuvaneshwar, Kolkata, Guwahati, Chennai and Mumbai.
The ICMR will be offering a total of 150 fellowships this year. The exam will be a Computer – based Test (CBT). Out of these 150 fellowships, 30 will be offered in the Social Science sector and 120 will be offered in the Biomedical sector. The eligible candidates need to have a minimum mark of 55% with a degree of MA or MSc. For those belonging to the SC or ST category, the minimum percentage required in graduation is 50%. The minimum age limit to apply for this exam is 21 years and the maximum age limit is 28 years before September 30, 2020.