Last Date for GATE 2020 Exam Extended
The last date to apply for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) 2020 examination has been extended till September 26, 2019. The Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT-D) is the institute in charge of conducting the upcoming GATE exam.
According to previous Information Brochure, September 24 was the last date to apply for this exam which has now been extended by two more days.
The eligible candidates need to pay Rs 1500 as exam fee if they register till the last date. Post that, the students would have to pay Rs 2000. The registration had started on September 3, 2019. The exam is slated to take place on February 1, 2, 8 and 9, 2020. The official website for this exam is www.gate.iid.ac.in
Steps to Apply Online
- Go to the official website link as given above.
- As the homepage appears, click on the link which states ‘GATE Online Application Portal is live. Click here to Apply.’
- Click on the tab which reads ‘Register Here.’ Enter the required credentials as instructed.
- Once again sign in using the registered email ID.
- Fill the application form and note down the registration no carefully.
- Upload the scanned images of signature and latest photograph.
- Pay the required fees.
While filling out the application form, the candidate needs documents such as Bachelor Degree Details, College Name & Address, Subject of the GATE paper, Disability Certificate Scanned Copy (if applicable), Reservation Certificate Scanned Copy (if applicable), Scanned Copy of Bachelor Degree, etc.
Eligibility of the GATE exam
- Candidate needs to have Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Technology or Masters Degree in any Science stream
- Those candidates who have got the backlogs need to upload a copy of any of their final year marksheet from the institute from where they are pursuing the Qualifying exam. They should note that they can’t upload a Mark sheet which has been generated by the Internet under any circumstances.
- The candidates from SC/ST category have to upload valid document proof that confirms their identity in order to get a concession in the application fees.
- If the candidate is expected to complete his course, then he needs to upload the mark sheet’s copy or a Certificate from the Head of Department or Institute. The certificate must have seal and signature of the Head of Department or Institute with the latest date.
See: List of GATE Exam subjects for 2020