Exam date and eligibility criteria released for COMEDK UGET 2020 for Engineering courses
COMEDK UGET 2020 Exam Date and Eligibility Criteria released – : Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka (COMEDK) has released the notification to inform about the exam date and eligibility criteria for COMEDK Undergraduate Entrance Test (COMEDK UGET) 2020 for Engineering Courses. COMEDK UGET 2020 will be conducted on May 10, 2020 for admission for academic session 2020-21
COMEDK UGET 2020 engineering entrance exam is conducted for the candidates seeking admission to BE, BTech and BArch courses in 150 engineering colleges in Karnataka under the Karnataka Unaided Private Engineering Colleges Association (KUPECA).
As per the notification the eligibility criteria for Engineering and Architecture courses are as follows
- The candidates should have passed second PUC or 10+2 Higher Secondary or equivalent examination with English as one of the languages and obtained a minimum of 45% Marks in aggregate in Physics and Mathematics along with Chemistry / Biotechnology / Biology / Electronics / Computer (40% in respect of SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- An attempt in the COMEDK Entrance Test seeking admission to Engineering courses is considered adequate for figuring in the rank list.
- Diploma candidates are not eligible to take the Entrance Test as there are no lateral entry admissions.
- The candidates should have passed an examination at the end of the 10+2 scheme of examination with at least 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Chemistry & Mathematics (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and also at least 50% marks in aggregate of the 10+2 level examination (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) or passed 10+3 Diploma examination with Mathematics as a compulsory subject with at least 50% marks in aggregate (45% for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) and should have passed these subjects individually.
- All the candidates (including SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka) seeking admission to B.Arch shall pass the NATA (National Aptitude Test in Architecture) conducted by the Council of Architecture or JEE Paper – 2. Qualification in NATA is subject to the candidate getting at least cut-off marks in two individual components and also getting at least the qualifying marks in aggregate.
- (i) There shall be no Entrance Test for candidates seeking admission to B. Arch Course. (ii) Candidates seeking B. Arch course shall submit separate application for participation in the Counseling.
The application form for the COMEDK UGET 2019 entrance exam will be available tentatively in the month of January 2020 and application for B.Arch-2020 counselling will be available in the month of July 2020.